Journey Guitarist

Sues Ex-Mother-in-Law --

Stop Trashing Me Online!

3/18/2013 12:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0318_neal-schon_getty2
Most people get to forget their in-laws after divorce ... but not Journey guitarist Neal Schon -- he's suing his ex-mom-in-law for defamation, claiming the woman is continuing to ruin his life ... by badmouthing him on the Internet.

Neal filed the defamation suit against Judy Kozan, the mother of Amber Schon -- whom Neal divorced in 2007 -- claiming Judy has "attacked and harassed" him through Internet postings and false comments to the media for years.

According to the lawsuit, Judy published a blog article in January, accusing Schon of not paying her daughter enough money to support herself -- letting their two little girls "go homeless," putting his ex "in a situation where she literally has no money for food, gas for the car, bills, nothing."

Schon says he's paid his ex amply ... more than $1.3 million to be exact ... and her mom's lies have tarnished his reputation, resulting in multiple media outlets accusing him of being a "deadbeat" dad.

He's suing for at least $75,000.

FYI -- Judy has since removed the offending blog post ... and replaced it with a post that sounds a lot like a retraction, in which she says the "deadbeat dad" reports are FALSE. Too little, too late?

Imalovernotahater

Hey Neal, do you know that you are doing exactly the same thing (to your own family I might add) that you are accusing them of??? AND to any and all cheap cheesy site that has a "blog"? Who's the jealous hater now?? "No hate, only love". BULLSH*T! YOU ARE THE HATER. And you disgust me.

Danno Hanks

Judy Kozan needs to remember that the internet is forever. She now denys that she ever made the comments in her blog. However, I found them in an archived copy. She is going to lose this case and just maybe, she will think next time before she tells lies about someone.

Diane Dimond

Hey, look. If someone had given me 1.3 million dollars over the last few years - as Schon's lawsuit says he did for Amber - I wouldn't have a financial care in the world. Also, did anyone notice that this ex-wife has a third child by another man and that appears to be part of the reason she didn't go ahead and earn her teaching certificate so she could get a job? You know, there are millions of women in America who are single moms who WORK FOR A LIVING. I know, I was one of them. How come Amber and her mommy think she should get a free ride through the rest of life just because she was married to someone for a few years? What about the idea of personal responsibility?? Just askin' ~ DD

Winston9

Give me a break. Schon complains about his privacy and wanting to protect his kids but is asking for a JURY TRIAL. Why? So we can see the coverage in all the tabloids or on ET Tonight? So much for privacy and protecting the kids. This will turn into a three ring circus. Hopefully the courts won't allow this. Please...don't waste anymore taxpayer money on this tripe, than necessary.

Winston9

MeriJ

Why is anyone truly involved with this matter posting comments here? It’s beyond tawdry.

Neal, I doubt Michaele will show you this comment, but if she does:

This is what happens if you take the low road of tabloids and reality TV. You cannot win in those venues – even when they appear to be promoting your side they are actually mocking you.

Michaele commenting endlessly as “Hey Jude” does not help. And no, Michaele, all these people are not JR or Rachel. You’ve turned what should have been a private matter in which you are merely a side-player into a food fight starring yourself and your own haters. Why drag your new guy into your old muck? It just diminishes him.

Howard

Diane Dimond is a respected journalist. She commented below I see. I came to comment to say good for you to come forward and expose this. The court should evaluate this mother and grandmother. Those children are learning their vile ways. Sounds to me like these women are jealous of what you have and Michaele too.
Good for you to protect what you have.
God is with you on it as we your fans are.

ML

I see Miss Dimond weighed in on this page.
“What about the idea of personal responsibility?? Just askin' ~ DD”

that’s a valid question, maybe you can ask Michaele. I do believe she lived with her parents until her late 30’s. Moved directly into the winery and then scurried onto a Journey tour bus. Perhaps she could write an essay on personal responsibility and working.

And I must add it seems your camp loves mentioning this third child. Is this a statement regarding his ex wife’s morality? I do believe there was another situation which doesn’t put your client on a pedestal when it comes to morality. Schon quoted "What rock star doesn’t send his private parts around at one point of his life?" "It’s something that I’ve done for years….it was like signing a letter.” Thank God I’m not on his Christmas card list.
I guess that must have been in between his marriages. Too bad men can’t get pregnant. I think these male rock stars would be permanently wearing maternity clothes at their concerts, just sayin ~ ML

Ivisu

Why does Neal have every article on this story posted to his Facebook page (except this one which I am certain he sold to TMZ in the first place) Is it because of the comments?

realhousewivesbh

Diane Dimond · · Freelance Correspondent at Newsweek Daily Beast Company · 854 subscribers
Reply · 10 · Like · Follow Post · Tuesday at 12:42pm

Jack Hoffman ·
well said, DD!!
Reply · 2 · Like · Tuesday at 12:49pm

Jane Vardon Bouffard · California State University, Dominguez Hills
Yes...very well said.
Reply · 2 · Like · Tuesday at 12:57pm

Jill Brooke · Works at Author, "Don't Let Death Ruin Your Life"
more importantly you're saying....as someone who covers divorce, there's a reason a few year marriage doesn't merit what she's demanding...always amazed at this sense of entitlement...
Reply · 2 · Like ·

ML

Seriously RHOBH, you are bragging on this, 854 subscribers? Diane Dimond • • Freelance Correspondent at Newsweek Daily Beast Company • 854 subscribers.
Not to mention she has the freedom, as you do, to delete any post not to her liking?

There are dogs with pages on Facebook, I do mean dogs and they have more fans with more likes each post than you or DD ever dreamed of. Check it out….

WCC's Ruby
2,270 likes • 228 talking about this

ML

Wow RHOBH, record time on that hate button. Good Dog!!!

Danno Hanks

To all of the people out there that have been posting hateful lies, photoshopped pictures, and other statements aimed at harrasing Neal Schon & his fiance Michaele, let me just say the following. I have worked for Neal off and on for over 30 years, and full time for the past 2 years as his private investigator. I have been a private investigator for 36 years, and know what I am doing. During the past 2 years, me and my team have been conducting internet surveillance on all of the posters and capturing IP address and obtaining the true identities of each and every one of them. They all do multiple post, using multiple e-mail addresses. Be assured that the lawsuit against Judy Kozan is just one of many to follow. So, don't be surprised when that U S Marshall arrives at your door with a subpoena. You know who you are and you are now about to pay the price. Dan "Danno" Hanks

MeriJ

Well I guess this removes any doubt about who the fake profile "Hey Jude" belongs to. The same person, as I recall, who posted this comment a day ago:
"Rachael Harshman = will blow any polo player friend of T's yup yup slerp....guzzel up girl"
Glass houses, Michaele. Glass houses.

Imalovernotahater

I am very much trying to understand how someone can concoct and put out story after story...after story....post it everywhere, BAIT the public, DARE them to have an opinion...and once they do express that opinion, turn around and sue or threaten to sue them for it. I mean, really, sincerely, who does that? Don't you see? It all begins with you. People with a legitimate opinion are not the definition of what a stalker is. Or what a hater is. And an opinion is also not a crime. That is all.