Lindsay Lohan

Jail Scares the Crap Out of Me ... So I Chose Rehab

3/19/2013 1:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0318_lindsay_lohan_tmz

It's not a promising sign ... but we've learned Lindsay Lohan did NOT accept the plea deal of 90 days in lockdown rehab because she wants to beat substance abuse -- she chose it because it beats jail.

We broke the story ... prosecutors have offered Lindsay the 90-day lockdown rehab deal for weeks, but she consistently rejected it. Her change of heart came at the last minute -- 30,000 feet in the air as she belatedly flew to L.A. for her trial.

Lindsay is telling friends she actually likes the rehab option, because it will allow her to focus on herself without any distractions.

Here's the problem. Lindsay is still saying -- ADAMANTLY -- she does NOT have a substance abuse problem. People in the rehab world say ... it's virtually impossible for anyone in rehab to get better if they don't admit having a problem.

Lindsay has been down this route before, but the rehab experience has never stuck.

Mary

Jail scares the crap out of her, then stop doing stupid things to get you in that position. Rehab won't work this time either, she claims she has no problem. 2 more years of probation too, no driving, and 18 months of counceling. What will momma do for cash while she is in lockdown for 3 months?

janet

Nobody cares what she does to herself as long as she doesn't take anyone with her.

Who cares if she screws up rehab. All of this Lohan has to pay for herself. So she's not wasting taxpayer money.

ilovegossip

Funny, but jail would have been the easier option. How long would she have had to been in jail? 30 days at the most? Maybe even a couple of weeks. Possibly on home confinement. But now she has to be on lockdown for 90 days. Pretty much a career killer, for someone in her position.

I do hope it gives her a chance to reflect on her life, and perhaps she can reassess what she's doing, and where she is going. This sentence will do absolutely nothing for her career...

Reg

Nicole and all of the *alters * suffer from "Munchausen,by proxy " syndrome.

exlax

sam called, and says can clean her carpet and lick her curtains clean.. more than one way to peal a strap on or in!

Zephyr, Enemy of #LittleWhores

Ahh, another beautiful day in LindsayLand! Morning all!

How can we possibly top what happened yesterday? Despite the hours of delay, the waiting was well worth it! Justice was served on 3/18!

What a spectacular day. Today will be dull by comparison.

CoolPhosphorescentShimmer

She wants to go to rehab so she can focus on herself? She has been "focused on herself" for her whole life!! One of her big problems is too much "focus on herself." While she needs to get her substance abuse issues under control, she also needs to learn that there are OTHER PEOPLE in this world whose lives matter. Only then will she stop being a danger to society.

XRaac

TMZ is full of ****. They are making up **** or taking this **** from "reliable" sources. Yeah rite.. stick it where the sun don shine and the source can go to hell.

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

Yeah, hon, we can tell you're afraid of jail by the way you keep committing crimes.

Black Dirt Goodness

Moooo ! Fat azz, Hephyr in the house everyone ! Mooooooooo!

RealityBites

I just can't see her handling being locked up for 90 whole days and being "drug tested" and passing....just ain't gonna happen. And they also said she has to stay away from places where people party....that girl can't stay away from clubs...MAJOR FAIL happening IMMEDIATELY!

sterlingguys

tmz i guess h8turds can't see the contradiction in your story. You say lilo refused rehab... but now thinks its the better option so she can focus on herself without distractions, a contradiction if ever there was one. Stop payin Milo/Gavin Doyle for lame storys.

the judge said lilo has to keep away from known drug users and dealers, that means Milo and Gavin Doyle can't be around her, both Milo and Gavin Doyle have a record for drug using.

I don't care about lilo's career, i care about the woman. i hope the rehab and therapy will help her get her life on track. its time for tmz to let go of lilo, stop using this womans problems for hits. morally we all have a responsibility to do the right thing, even you harvey levin.

Carnelld

Maybe she really wants rehab help, since it was reported she turned down 30 days home confinement. 90 days in a lock down rehab facility can clean your system of drugs and alcohol. Lindsey lost her way a while back and deep inside I am sure she wants to do better. It takes being away from bad influences to get better.

Zephyr, Enemy of #LittleWhores

"I know that in my past I was young and irresponsible - but that's what growing up is. You learn from your mistakes."

"There's a way of dealing with hardships that are healthier than going out. That's what I've learned."

"I want to be remembered for the work that I've done, rather than the car accidents that I've gotten into, the men that I've not dated - or the man that I have."

"I want to win an Oscar. I want to be known for more than, like, going out. For being the 'party girl'. I hate that. I bust my ass when I'm filming and when I have time off, yeah, I like to go out and dance."

"I'm 20 years old. I like to party as much as anyone my age. Going clubbing is my way of relaxing or releasing a lot of stress. I don't feel that I should have to justify that part of my life. I don't know that I'm necessarily an addict.:"

"I'm the hardest working person I know. I'm 20 years old - is it a crime to want to go out dancing with my friends?"

"I've become more of a homebody, and I like that."

"It's so weird that I went to rehab. I always said that I would die before I went to rehab. But I thought, 'I'm going to stay here tonight.' And I stayed there for a month. It was great."

"Substance abuse is a disease which doesn't go away overnight. I'm working hard to overcome it. I did fail my recent drug test. I'm prepared to face the consequences."

"When someone tells me not to do something, I'll do it more."

Lather. Rinse. Go to court. Repeat.

mrs t

she needs to complete rehab and then live with honey boo boo