Bobby Brown

FREED

In Record Speed

3/21/2013 6:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0320bobby_brown

update_bar
UPDATE:  Even though Bobby's been sprung from the pokey, he's still not entirely free.  He's under house arrest and has to wear an electronic monitoring bracelet for a grand total of 8 days.  Nice gig.

gray-bar-update
It's a testament to how incredibly screwed up our justice system is ... Bobby Brown -- who was sentenced to 55 days in jail for his 3rd DUI -- just served a grand total of 9 HOURS in jail ... TMZ has learned.

Brown checked into L.A. County Jail at 9:58 AM Wednesday.  He was released at 6:58 PM.  Interesting ... an L.A. County Sheriff's spokesperson said just days ago Brown would serve 9 days ... but the jails are bursting at the seams and this is what happens ... kind of a joke, don't you think?

Brown was arrested in October after driving erratically on an L.A. street.  He pled no contest to DUI and driving on a suspended license.  It was his second DUI arrest in 7 months.

Bobby is on 4 years probation and has to attend alcohol ed classes for 18 months.

0320_bobby_brown_mug_shot_footer

Star Whacker

WOW!!! Now that's harsh treatment - 9 hours of jail time followed with 8 days of house arrest. I bet he'll really learn his lesson this time! Unbelievable! I'd love 8 days of at home time. I guess I should take up drunk driving!

missB.beauty

hell it more time then that Linsey Lohan chick

Vinsetta

Wow Nicole, Bobby was able to score a way better deal than Lohan! She has SO much to do yet! 90 days lockdown rehab, 18 months of therapy, 30 days CS, search her for booze or drugs at any time...am I forgetting anything. Oh another arrest in SM with new, "fresh" mug shot. Boy, Lindsay really is stupid not to take jail.

SPIDEY

SORRY TMZ BLACK GUY GOT AWAY....LOL MAKES U SOOO SAD

Sarah

Disgusting he should be in jail. Am fed up of these "celebs" and I use that term lightly the describe him and Lohan getting away with breaking the law. Driving while drunk or on drugs is selfish and dangerous. These people make me sick. I don't know what Whitney Houston ever saw in this loser she deserved so much better.

Ray Vaden

Thats odd. I thought Lindsay Lohan was the testiment to how screwed up our justice system is. Bobby has barely been in the spotlight since whitney's passing. While Lohan at one point was in the media spotlight everyday for something crazy. And everytime it had to do with some illegal act dealing with a vehicle..So what are ya'll saying?. I hate to make this about race but...

hitman

Obama's people!

Julia

These celebrities should be hit in the wallet then If California is so broke, they could make a fortune. Also, Bobby Brown should have been given house arrest with an ankle bracelet so he can't consume any alcohol or drugs. It's so simple....why are they so stupid?

Cindy J

Oh, man. Sure, let him out without any real consequence so he can hurt or kill someone....

liliacruz

Looser

monique

don't get **** twisted tmz, it's NOT our justice, this is "celeb" justice, had it been any one of us normal everyday working people we'd STILL be sitting in jail

Knownbutunknown

TMZ, why don't you list all of the other people who get away with the same if not worse than bobby b like Paris Hilton, Nicole richie, Lindsay Logan (who is a repeat offender of the system), khloe kardashian, heather Lear, and the list goes on and on and on like a rolling stone.

Tesla_Consulting

"kind of a joke" Tell that to Colton Harris-Moore.

Philly Phil

It must be nice to be a celeb and have money with good attorney's. They would have thrown me under the jail with 3 DUI's and driving with a suspended license. Not haten' but damn, hope he doesn't screw this one up..... Hey! Bobby I can be your personal driver for 75k yr

Philly Phil