Octomom

Welfare Fraud Investigation

in Full Swing

3/23/2013 9:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0319-nadya-suleman-welfareThe investigation into whether or not Octomom committed welfare fraud has begun, and TMZ has learned authorities have started to contact her former employers to see just how much money she's been making.

As TMZ first reported, the L.A. County Dept. of Welfare Fraud Prevention and Investigation (WFP&I) was contacted by someone claiming that Octo is collecting welfare for her and her 14 kids despite allegedly making more than minimum amount required to collect welfare.

Octomom can receive welfare support if she made less than $119,000 in a calendar year because she had so many children, but authorities believe she may have made over $200,000.

According to our sources, investigators have begun calling people who have employed Octo in the last year to determine just how much she's been raking in -- which will include collecting things like bank statements, canceled checks and wire transfer receipts.

We're told the investigators have asked these employers if they know of any other people who have employed Octo lately ... and the employers have handed over a few names that investigators are following up with.

If she is found to have committed welfare fraud, Octo could be prosecuted and would face three years in prison or more.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

Ivan in Phoenix

I read somewhere that she also has 3 or 4 of her kids getting SS disability benefits. Anyone here know if that is actually true? If that Dr that put the embryos in her is the sperm donor he should be paying child support for the octuplets.

LosAngHug

Fk this bitch.. I'm tired of her ugly face. Ugly fat bitch!!!

robin hood

she's being paid in cash thats part of the deal she's making with everyone so she doesnt lose her health insurance...i'll bet 1/2 her money is under the table.but yea she's committing fraud 100%

Trecee

Smarten up for your own children, you dumb b.it.ch!!!

me

Finally.

mary collins finn

I'm not certain, but I think that she is allowed to average her income over a three year time period - just like income averaging for tax purposes. Therefore if she had low income for two of the three years the average would be well below the limit.

JAMES SELETYN

I watched OCTOMOM on Dr. Phil and she flat out lied to him about going on welfare.I do not see how if she made $200,000 last year how she can go on welfare.Oh wait I have just figured it out -SHE IS A ****ING LIAR AND A FRAUD AND SHOULD BE PUT ON A DESERTED ISLAND AND THE 14 OR 400 KIDS SHE HAS SHOULD BE IN FOSTER FAMILIES,PEOPLE WHO CAN ACTUALLY AFFORD TO TAKE CARE OF CHILDREN AND NOT LIE ABOUT IT!!!!!

Rosalinda

I leave in Tx with my son and I can't make more then 200 a month or else i will be over paid and she is make more $119.000 They expect me and my son to leave on that kind of money and mind you i'm handicap and get no income. Wow i can't believe this.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7