TMZ

Our TV Shows

Got a Tip?

Call TMZ at (888) 847-9869 or Click Here

Ashley Greene 911 Tape

'THE BUILDING'S ON FIRE!!!'

3/25/2013 3:01 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0325_exclusive_ashley_greene_911
TMZ has just obtained the 911 call that was placed by a breathless man who repeatedly pleaded for help after Ashley Greene's apartment exploded in flames, screaming, "The building's on fire."

As we first reported, Ashley and two men were sleeping in her rental unit when the fire broke out.  Officials now say the cause of the fire was an unattended candle that torched the couch and subsequently the entire place.

One of Ashley's dogs perished in the blaze.  Her second dog was saved.

16 COMMENTS

No Avatar

1.

IwuvTMZ    

Oh noooo!

494 days ago
2.

just sayin    

Emergency officials always sound so bored and never seem to show compassion to anyone in these clips that are always released. I get it to hear that stuff all day takes away the shock, but I've had to call 911 when someone was dying and the indifference really made me mad.

494 days ago
3.

xrodriguez    

They have to be calmed .. that is how you get trained to be a paramedic .. you can not get the other person more hysterical ... if you are calmed the person that is in trouble get calmer and thinks rational .. I have seen it first hand ... Imagine you call for a fire and answer ... hysterical .. it just does not work .. I had people in shock injury all the way to bone bleeding shaking and what I did was talk about hot paramedic chicks and how cold the day was and how much of a pain was his boss .. he stopped shaking

494 days ago
4.

Sam    

No one needs to hear this ****. TMZ is absolutely worthless lately.

494 days ago
5.

Los Pepes    

Now I can breathe

494 days ago
6.

Queen.of.the.Obvious    

And...four neighboring units suffered damage as well, resulting in a major inconvenience. All because she was stupid enough to leave lit candles unattended while she and everyone else in the apartment took a nap. @@ When are they going to make leaving a lit candle unattended a punishable crime of negligence? It only matters when someone dies? Like that mother whose children and other family's members children died from an unattended candles while she was outside? This is somehow different because only a dog died? Please. People who do this and cause damage to other people's homes really ought to be charged with some sort of negligence for knowingly endangering lives and damaging people's property. Okay, she has no home and her dog died. But this is HER fault. It's a lot worse for the other people involved who no longer have a home, lost important/sentimental belongings and had their lives put in danger when they had absolutely nothing to do with her decision to burn candles and then take a nap. How can you really argue that an unattended candle catching your house on fire is an "accident"? Come on now. They give clear warnings about fire danger. Smh.

494 days ago
7.

James R. - Los Angeles    

Enough about the f*cking already. It's over. MOVE ON!

494 days ago
8.

jekoshannareshs    

Ashley Greene Dog Died in Brutal Condo Fire Pictures, Video Leaked here http://mcaf.ee/kz07d

494 days ago
9.

jdranetz    

We live in a condo building. I make it a point not to use candles out of concern for the safety of our neighbors. While not a "crime", accidentally causing a fire that damages the property neighbors, it is VERY civilly actionable. Had someone died, their family could get every penny Miss Greene has and will every make.

494 days ago
10.

Mel    

I hate it when fires interrupt threesomes....

493 days ago

Around The Web