Pat Houston

Cops Called for

Suicide Scare

3/26/2013 3:25 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0326-pat-houston-tmz
Whitney Houston
's sister-in-law Pat Houston was moments from taking her own life ... or several family members thought when they called 911 -- only to discover it was a huge misunderstanding.

TMZ has learned cops and paramedics rushed to Pat's home in Alpharetta, GA today -- after receiving calls from people close to her who thought Pat had tried to commit suicide.

Here's what happened ... hours earlier Pat had posted on her Facebook page, "Sometimes you just feel like giving up on life and its many challenges. And for the first time in my life…I’m tired…and I want to finally rest. I love you guys."

Sources tell us several family members saw the post and were immediately concerned ... they began calling and texting Pat but got no answer. Then they went to her house, found her passed out in bed next to a pill bottle ... and decided to call 911.

We're told as soon as cops arrived, Pat woke up and explained she had simply taken pain medication for her back, turned off her phone and then gone to sleep -- unaware so many people were trying to contact her.

We're told Pat informed everyone ... she was never suicidal, the Facebook post was a result of stress.

Law enforcement tells us, Pat was taken to the hospital -- as a preventative measure -- and released a short time later.

Carl

And you believe it was a misunderstanding why? That sounds like a suicide attempt to me and a half assed excuse to make it sound like it wasn't one.

Los Pepes

Meatloaf and Veal Stew tonight
It should taste even better tomorrow

Celeb Gossip Addict

The whole thing is ridiculous on her part. Of course her actions were going to cause major concern. If she wasn't trying to commit suicide she was certainly trying to send out the signals for some reason.

my 2 cents

This women has a lot of family issues to deal with. I hope she stays strong.

mcf1040

Whouldnt blame her if she did. It's like every relative leans on her except for Cissy.

Queen.of.the.Obvious

She felt like giving up on what exactly? Getting some of that Whitney money? oh, I kid, I kid. ; )

Vote2012

Here we go now every member of that family will do something to get their name in the news, and try to milk all they can from that last name....I think everyone of them are sickos.

EatMe

Lame attention seeking stunt.
This whole family should drink some Lysol.

Happy

Attention getter! Move on and stop livin off of the late Whitney.

Cujeaux

Now that her meds are officially cut off, she's REALLY going to want to give up!

Chuggly

I don't know who this is. Should I be concerned or not?

jj

"Misunderstanding" my foot !!!
This bitch lost her gravy train and now has no income nor friends because everything was tied to being associated to a big star.

cecil b carter

Never heard of her ... and I know everyone !

KicksandGiggles

Oh brother. Sounds like we need some attention. Tell her to deal with her problems with the pocketbook of the average person and get back to us.

Truth is

Whitney's death on her conscience...she is nothing but a snake with a virus

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments