Savannah Guthrie

FLIPS OFF Matt Lauer

Your Vacuum Joke Sucks!

3/29/2013 6:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

032913_vaccuum_today_launch
Matt Lauer definitely got the finger from co-host Savannah Guthrie this morning ... live on 'Today' ... only question is -- which finger?

During a segment on vacuum cleaners ... Matt cracked, "By the way this is the first time Savannah has ever used a vacuum."

Savannah apparently thought she was off camera when she fired off a one-finger salute in Matt's direction!

But wait ...

Savannah immediately hit her Twitter page to claim it was NOT the bird, and just her index finger.

She might have a point, but still -- considering all the crap Matt's been catching lately -- Savannah's intent is there, no?

fred

guthrie and lauer should both get the finger and thrown off the show!!!!

GrapplerX

I think she can take him...

Judith Portnoy

You go Girl!

Shamegma

I was thinking middle finger to him. You are a intelligent lovely lady. he was classless.

Jim

Yes, I agree with someone else who said that initially she was holding up her index finger, as if to say "Hold on a minute there." Then she holds up the middle finger and even gives it an upper-cut move. Definitely the "bird". You can hear the crowd react to it as well. He deserved it anyway.

static

Own it Savannah it makes you seem just a little interesting.

mary

I don't care what finger she used, her face says it all. There is too much passive agressive behavior, via smart ass comments on this show lately. It's not supportive nor is it funny. matt puts her down, and Al is constantly putting down Willie Geist. Even this morning Al made a joke that Willie "puts his kid behind bars". Willie went on record saying no he doesn't, and Al still came back with :yeah you have someone else do it". Do I detect some jealosy? I think so. Stop it Al, self deprecation is more attractive. Stop putting down others. You are mean to Tamra as well. I guess the tension of feeling like you are all replaceable is bringing out the claws.

Enlightened

So we are supposed to believe Guthrie, a lying, cheating WH@RE from way back? When she worked at Court TV, she had an affair with married BBC reporter Mark Orchard. Orchard left his wife and INNOCENT CHILDREN for Guthrie, who eventually dumped him for political consultant Michael Feldman, then dumped HIM when she got a shot at "Today." Clearly, this isn't a woman with a stellar reputation, so yeah, she's LYING about giving Lauer the middle finger.

TelldaTruth

So what she flipped him off he dissed her on live tv. She should just say yeah I did, it was a moment like we all have. And Lauer is a punk. I think it was funny and hell tv has gone to **** anyway

TelldaTruth

Mimi

I blame that vacuum demonstration lady. When Savannah could not find the release, she ignored her. If she had pointed out the release lever or stopped pushing her vacuum and gone to Savannah's, there would be no issue. And Matt critiquing her over it was sexist - he just supervised. She should have quipped back, "I have a housekeeper just like you do, Matt." Is she supposed to be a full-time journalist and go home to vaccum her own house. Matt certainly has a housekeeper or is his wife now keeping house while he makes 25 million a year. Sick. Pompous. Arrogant. Misogynist.

HillbillyHell

I hate that height-challenged Matt Lauer. Matt Lauer makes Micky Rooney look like a giant.

Mee

WHAT A ROLE MODEL, her TRASHINESS came out and her DISRESPECT FOR THE PEOPLE AROUND and the TV AUDIENCE !
A nice, well educated, well-mannered LADY she is not,
We allready know Matt's a JERK but two wrong's don't make a right.

jayman419

"Photo evidence proving my innocence coming!" ... as soon as the art department finishes fixing the image up for me.

Art Hogberg, Las Vegas

It is time for Lauer to go bye-bye !!!!!!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments