Iowans to Matthew Perry

Field of Dreams Threatens

Crop Dusting

3/31/2013 12:25 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0329-matthew-perry
A bunch of farmers want to crush Matthew Perry's "Field of Dreams" -- as in the famous baseball diamond -- because they think it will end their dreams ... of crop dusting.

Just last month, the former "Friends" star joined an investment group (Go the Distance Baseball, LLC) that is planning to build a national youth baseball and softball tournament and training campus on land next to the field made famous by Kevin Costner's movie.

But locals are crying foul -- the Residential & Agricultural Advisory Committee thinks the project will prevent farmers from hauling manure ... and make it next to impossible to move farming vehicles and complete aerial spraying ... aka crop dusting.

They also think increased traffic will cause noise pollution in the area.

Now the group has fired off a letter to Perry claiming, "It is no exaggeration to say that our very way of life is at risk."

No word on whether Perry has actually seen the letter.

TT

So slow weekend huh.

LK

TEAM FARMERS !!!! LOL
SAVE THE BASEBALL FIELD & YOU CAN PICK ANOTHER LOCATION 4 THE CAMP . IT'S THESE PPL'S LIVELY HOOD . IT IS SIMPLE .

Nobrows

Heaven forbid commerce should come to your community. Maybe your kids could find jobs and not have to leave the area to find work.

TheEric

"It is no exaggeration to say that our very way of life is at risk."

Try getting a modern way of life. We don't ****ing need farmers.

Duh

Really Eric, "we don't need farmers". That is the dumbest post I have ever read in my entire life. Go ask your mom to straighten out your helmet before the small yellow bus comes to pick you up. Idiot. How do you even breathe with a brain that stupid. How do you not fall down all day?

Cricket

First, nice idea, at least he wants to make something useful and not another mall no one needs. Second, I imagine MP will consider this and try to find am alternative. The man is truly a nice guy, I've met him a few times, so I'd be surprised if he didn't look into it.

germs

Speaking of farms. My family just sold theirs. Crazy thing is,it was bought by a chinese co. And now lease the land 2 other farmers. Don't know about you, pretty scary have Chinese companies buy up American Farmland

Fred Farkel

Oh STFU you stupid BF Iowa farm boys.

IowaDimples

I love how everyone thinks they know Iowa and farmers based on something TMZ CA city boys write. I live in Iowa and its a great place. This isnt even news here. BTW Watch the YouTube video "Iowa Nice" and learn something about us. We aren't the hicks you think we are.

Kelly

It's the community's right to block the project if it can do so within the lawful procedure. Fields of dreams are sown with red tape.

str8edgewriter

Ha I thought of something entirely different when I read "crop dusting". Restaurant workers know what I'm talking about.

Sheila

This is not all Iowans that feel this way. Some of us are actually excited to have the baseball complex..

Bravo600

I live in a rural farming community and every time anything new is proposed, a group of “old-timers” comes out to block whatever it is – good or bad. I have no idea if this is a worthy project or not. I do know that there will always be a handful of people trying to stop the inevitable.

Bravo600

Also, it would be terrible to have the “noise pollution” of children playing and learning a sport nearby.

mr.howell

He looks old..he hasn't aged real well compared to the other actors on Friends..

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments