'Buckwild'

TV Producers Paying for Shain's Funeral

4/3/2013 12:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0402-shain-gandee-buckwild
The two production companies behind the MTV reality show "Buckwild" have offered to pay for all of Shain Gandee's funeral expenses, TMZ has learned.

Parallel Entertainment CEO J.P. Williams -- who produces the show with Zoo Productions -- tells us, "Shain was a great kid with a big heart who had endless love for his mom and dad." He adds, "I am from West Virginia and this show reminded me of how I grew up."

A public service for Shain will be held this Sunday.

As for the donation websites that have been raising money to help pay for the funeral -- we're told that money will now go toward expenses incurred by Shain's family during the recovery effort.

We're told any remaining money will go towards the funeral of the other two men that were killed, including Shain's uncle.

As we reported, 21-year-old Shain was found dead yesterday morning inside his truck, which had stalled out submerged in mud while off-roading. Shain and the two other men died from carbon monoxide poisoning.

0401_shain_gandee_remembering_footer

lookItsMegRyan

that boy was cute!

tori

This society is in the crapper because of reality shows such as this. The kids show no respect for their parents or themselves get real!

Marge

I think that's a wonderful gesture on the parts of the production companies.

Sean

This is a sad story...but something isn't right with this story. If the truck stalled out submerged in mud....how was the vehicle making carbon monoxide if it wasn't running??

Luz

Kudos to the production companies! Very nice and righteous gesture!

Jillybean2

I am happy to hear that they will be helping his parents like this. I can't even imagine how they are dealing with losing their son. My heart goes out to them and the entire community.

Vegas mommy

Just a sad story... Glad MTV stepped in

Lala

I watched ONE episode of this show on MTV... after living in WVA for a number of years I was "intrigued" to see if it was an "accurate portrayal" of WVA ... yep... it sure was...

The first welfare recipients lived in WVA...and to ths day that family (decendents) STILL receives welfare assistance...

I don't see how ANYONE other than the family are responsible for funeral expenses...

But hen again... it's WVA...

logan

thats my ***** shain rip

mrsmiley1235

Their deaths don't make any sense! How are 3 people going to die of carbon monoxide poisoning when their truck stalls out in the mud? For one, if the truck stalls out, then there is no carbon monoxide. And for two, they could have got out of the truck! I mean, all three of them died from it. Come on, that don't make any sense! Who agrees with me?

still2easy

tmz-are y'all ever going to correct your obvious moronic error? It had to be stuck in the mud & could not have been stalled out-DUH! A stalled motor is a not running motor which creates zero,nada,zip carbon monoxide(CO). So unless they built a fire in the Bronco there would be NO CO! And the tailpipe under water would be irrelevent! How dang STUPID are you people? Too busy huffing glue and sniffing each others azzes?

Babycakes

How come thery are willing to pay for his funeral but they doidnt pay when Pedro from the Real World died of AIDS and Joey from the Real World died of a drug overdose?

chad

Good that's very nice of MTV... But I can't really respect them for releasing these pics to the media . I don't know if they're everywhere but it's him in the car dead with his friends on http://theknoww.blogspot.com/... That's just disgusting.... I guess a tit for a tat huh?

mataya2011

I am so happy someone stepped up to help with the expenses. It must have been hard to ask for help but I know funerals are not cheap. R.I.P Shain.

Kaitlyn

The catch is...... "Shane's Buck Wild Carbon Monoxide Adventures " special will air next week!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments