Tanning Mom

New Jersey Tanning Ban

IS A GREAT IDEA

4/3/2013 12:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

040213_tan_mom_launch
It's about damn time New Jersey banned children from tanning -- at least without parental permission -- this according to the face of the biggest underage tanning scandal in history.

Tanning Mom Patricia Krentcil got emotional on the street yesterday ... telling TMZ, she fully supports Governor Chris Christie's new "Tan Mom Law" that bans anyone under 17 from going to tanning salons without a parental stamp of approval.

Patricia tells us, "I don't think children ever should tan ... I believe that it should be something that's spoken about and now it's been rectified after I went through a year of mockery for something I never would do and did not do."

Quick recap: Patricia was arrested last year on child endangerment charges after being accused of putting her 5-year-old in a tanning booth. Patricia denied the charges from the beginning, and a grand jury opted not to indict her.

Now, Patricia -- who says she's stopped tanning since her arrest -- tells us, "It makes me sick when I go by a tanning place." She has a LOT more to say as well ... and even bashes her hometown for turning on her. You gotta watch.

IwuvTMZ

Maybe try a spray on tan.

Reg

Linds in 5 years.

NOT ELMO

Ellen-D if She were Poor.....................lol

Josh2013

What a freak!

EasilyHard

Still Oompa Loompa approved SPF 5000

robert007

They need to ban her......

M

TMZ did some color correction or manipulation on that still image from the video, cause in the actually video, she is not that orange.

awesomewave

Did the circus leave town without her?

Diamond Goddess!

Pill.Head.
(Jus' sayin'.)

Erin

Why don't whites like their white, pasty skin?

beachgal

This lady suffered head injuries in a bad accident a long time ago & it affects her speech & other things... I feel bad for her :(

spokenword

Hey sexy girlfriend.

KicksandGiggles

Did she burn her lips? Her hair & skin is so dry, its a wonder we don't see smoke around her.

BB not bb

Yeah well she was made that she was made into the scapegoat du jour. She probably doesn't want to support tanning at all any more. I am glad she stood up for the truth. I am surprisd that she didn't get indicted though. NJ seems like the kind of place where you can get charged for just looking at a cop wrong or having a neighbor who likes to dial 911.

Christie is just grandstanding again. You already need permission to tan a kid in a booth. This is just another waste of time law. You aren't go to die from getting a tan either. Look at the Jersey Shore cast, they are all tan and doing fine.

The people who get skin cancer are the ones who spend a lot of time in the sun and who use a lot of chemical sunblcoks on their skin. It is that reaction that is toxic and causes cancer. Sunning in and of itself prevents cancer by increasing natural vitamnin D levels.

I see these super tan ladies around and it makes me laugh but to persecute them over it is just evil. I am glad that DYFS didn't break up this little family over their egotistical nonsense.

I think she is mad at all of the tanning salons who banded together to refuse her service during the investigation. After all of the money and support she gave them over the years, they just kicked her when she was down. I think the owner of her usual salon is Hispanic. They like to gang up on the whites when they get a chance, no matter what their relationship was before that.

It is very hard to live in that area any more. She is a tough lady and I admire her for sticking to what is right. I am glad she is getting a book and movie out of it also.

thugzilla

Oh yeah. I'd hit that from both sides !!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments