Iconic Hollywood Hotspot

Sued Over

Alleged Rapes

4/4/2013 10:43 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0404_the_abbey_02
Two women have filed a lawsuit, claiming they were drugged and raped by employees of one of the hottest restaurant/bars in Hollywood -- The Abbey.

The club has been a fixture in West Hollywood for more than 15 years.  According to the lawsuit ... a gay woman who says she had never had sexual relations with a man was at The Abbey with her girlfriend in November, 2011.  She says she and her GF had a fight, which upset the alleged victim.  She ordered a drink at the bar and claims it was laced with a date rape drug.

The woman then claims she became impaired and a busboy allegedly took her outside and raped her.

Another woman -- who is straight -- claims she went to The Abbey in April, 2011, and was served a drink that was also allegedly laced with a date rape drug.  She alleges an undocumented worker at The Abbey then took her across the street to his car and raped her.

The women claim owners of The Abbey either knew or should have known that employees were allegedly slipping patrons drugs and then sexually assaulting them.

In the lawsuit  -- filed by Beverly Hills lawyer Robert Hirsh -- each woman is asking for more than $10 million.

The owners of The Abbey had no comment about the lawsuit.

MrEguy

Crafty busboy...

OooooNooo!

"undo***ented worker"
Looks like its time to make a run for the boarder!

Mick

I'm confused? This is confusing. I thought Ye ole Abbey is a gay bar?

Ronron

FINALLY the ABBEY gets sued,,,, it's about time,,, thi s has been going on for awhile,, WAKE UP!!of course the s***bags in charge knew it was happening. Read YELP,,,,,,, NOW they need to be sued for their inside job phone theft ring and their thefts from patrons credit cards, KARMA BITCHES!!

kade

If both victims know who their attackers were, even down to the immigration status of the one rapist, then isn't it possible that these cases have at least been reported to the police? These cases are hard to prosecute and win, perhaps the victims are counting on the lower burden of proof in civil court.

static

They should probably tell the illegal aliens rape is against the law here.

Fallopia Lopez

Please let this be the end of that horrible arrogant bar.

Roman Moroni

Typical "walk on the beach" day in Hollywood; check out the underground raves and tell me this doesn't happen 3 fold per nite

cemetaryroad

That's terrible. I go there all the time. I love that bar and I usually feel safer there. I will admit it is a little crazy these days compared to the 90s when it was just an awesome cafe. My friend was also overcharged for drinks (and at $6 for a heinekin that's not cheap to begin with). I'll have to pay cash and watch my drink from now on. Too bad cuz otherwise it has great energy

Domi87

And ppl wonder why were in debt...we let apparently drugged rape women, who were aware enough to know what the attacker looked like and that he was even a bus boy....and it was 2yrs ago possibly get 10million a piece...wtf for ms gay girl goy hammered slept with a guy and didn't wanna tell the girl so lets cry rape...I say they are both full of ****

Bonz

I'm surprised the article never used the word gay club. It's the gayest and the most pretentious. I do not believe any of these lesbians.

Rich

OMG, it took this long for them to realize they had been raped and who did it. I thought they were drugged?

Eli Rodriguez

1 How does she know that busboy was undo***ented?
2 How would a busboy have any access to a drink that a bartender poured?
3 They remember a lot for being date raped.
4 10 million?
5 Busboys aren't there late at night, only bar staff, which do not include busboys after the kitchen closes.

Sounds like two women that A. Know each other and B. Want to get rich quick. -This won't stick at all.

AndNoneForGretchenWieners

Sad story. I frequent the Abbey and have always felt safe and that people actually look out for you there.

tom p

just a ploy to get a settlement, the way they did it. put me on the jury.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments