Rick Ross

I'm Sorry

For That Date-Rape Song

4/13/2013 4:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0413-rick-ross-tmzRick Ross finally learned his lesson -- rapping about rape doesn't win you many fans or sponsorship deals -- and officially apologized for his date-rape track ... one day after Reebok dropped him as a spokesman.

Ross received a wave of negative backlash for a line in a song that said: "Put Molly all up in her champagne, she ain't even know it, I took her home and I enjoyed that, she ain't even know it." Molly being slang for Ecstasy.

In his apology, Ross said, "Before I am an artist, I am a father, a son, and a brother to some of the most cherished women in the world. So for me to suggest in any way that harm and violation be brought to a woman is one of my biggest mistakes and regrets."

He added, "My choice of words was not only offensive, it does not reflect my true heart. And for this, I apologize."

Ross originally issued a half-assed apology following the song's release, claiming people misunderstood the lyrics. Obviously now, he's changed his tune.

0128_rick_ross_through_footer_v2

NYCBlackMan

WHY?????????????? WHY DO ISH THAT YOU "KNOW" IS WRONG????? As you were writing it Rick didn't it seem wrong to you??????

3M3TI8

Sorry? The only thing he is sorry about is Reebok dropped his ass.

r stevens

I swear all rappers talk **** about women and how men are so badass for being whores and treating everyone like crap, and they all have big *****, and none of them have std's or aids (yeah right). But then they always claim they're "proud fathers" to their daughters and how much they love their mamas. And of course, let's not forget all their Jesus tattoos, to prove how spiritual they are. They're all sheep.

DjDeadArm

Besides being dropped by Reebok the actual song that the verse was on Has been replaced by a Young Jeezy feature shouts out to Rocko for that move.Rape no matter who talks about it the act is still wrong

Danielle123

Lets just be honest here, Eminem/Slim Shady/Mr. Marshall Mathers is the king and will always be the king of rape songs. I dont mean king in a positive way, either. He has simply been one to have the most. I don't remember people protesting against that (to the commenter below, the only thing ever protested against was his homophobia). All of that, however, does not take away from the fact that Rick Ross was absolutely wrong for that statement as is Eminem for the crap he spews as well. In regards to the apology, I don't ever want to hear a rapper (of today's generation) claiming they give a crap about women or anybody for that matter. The whole scene is about hoes, glocks, killing people, etc etc. HOWEVER, anyone that goes to a rap concert can see that the crowd is full of men and WOMEN, of ALL ethnicities, singing along with these songs that seem to have everyone's panties up in a wad. That is simply the truth. So all of the feminists need to exit stage left.

princess ali baba

From a woman you are a true pig Rick Ross.

David

This song is how he feels. Otherwise he would not have written those words. I'm not a killer so I don't make songs on how to kill. But I will write songs on issues that I believe in. I hope this dog understands that the way he views women is the way men will view his wife and children if they listen to his songs. He is a total as-hole. And I hope no one uses him to represent their product. Dog face motherfvcker..

melody

Own your **** like EMINEM!! WTF??? Don't apologize for ****! I listened to NWA, Eazy E, Ice Cube, 2live crew,
Lighter Shade of Brown, Neneh Cherry, George Micheal......come on! First it was music the killed our souls, now it's video games....Pffftttt. Def Leppard and didn't make me pour sugar on my vadge!

WhoCares

Finally you decided to man up and not address the public like a bunch of confused idiots. I didn't like you before and I really can't stand you now. You're a certified jerk. - signed a black Jewish woman

Sloane

apparently before he's an "artist, father" etc.
he's a thug!
he wrote it- he released it
enough of using the "I'm an artist" crap to justify stuff!
he didn't "suggest" it- he completely affirmed it and put it our there as an OK thing to do
a lot of rappers have Zero respect for women
it's obvious from their lyrics and the way they choose to portray women in their videos
the only reason he's "sorry" is because of the lost Reebok $

Truth is

Goon

Toilethead

Bullpoop.

Damnage

seriously? but when biggie raped and murdered pregnant women back in the 90s we all were ok with it...smh...it is music people, not real life...just like these movies yall watch, in front of your kids...i swear...this is just stupidity...i hope all of you giving this man **** about his lyrics get your tongue chopped off...

Tommy

Here is a picture of a classless piece of human sh_t!!!!!!!!!!

karenjj

The only thing this POS is sorry about is the money missing from his bank account. Isn't this fat ass's 15 minutes up yet. Looks like King Kong.