Rick Ross

I'm Sorry

For That Date-Rape Song

4/13/2013 4:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0413-rick-ross-tmzRick Ross finally learned his lesson -- rapping about rape doesn't win you many fans or sponsorship deals -- and officially apologized for his date-rape track ... one day after Reebok dropped him as a spokesman.

Ross received a wave of negative backlash for a line in a song that said: "Put Molly all up in her champagne, she ain't even know it, I took her home and I enjoyed that, she ain't even know it." Molly being slang for Ecstasy.

In his apology, Ross said, "Before I am an artist, I am a father, a son, and a brother to some of the most cherished women in the world. So for me to suggest in any way that harm and violation be brought to a woman is one of my biggest mistakes and regrets."

He added, "My choice of words was not only offensive, it does not reflect my true heart. And for this, I apologize."

Ross originally issued a half-assed apology following the song's release, claiming people misunderstood the lyrics. Obviously now, he's changed his tune.

0128_rick_ross_through_footer_v2

Danielle123

@Slumerican To sum up my essay long comment, I believe that whites contributed a lot to the mess, and it is indeed up to black people to do their part in fixing it. Whether one chooses to become a rapper or basketball player is none of anyone's business. As long as they are not doing anything illegal, I couldn't care less. There are many legitimate businessmen/doctors/lawyers (constructive jobs) involved in illegal activity. Your occupation does not make you any more or less of a criminal. It just impacts how much of those details are shared with the public. And that is the truth.

Sammie

What a line of BS this guy's got. Fact is...the ONLY reason he's saying he's sorry for promoting rape is the backlash. Otherwise, he'd be singing all the way to the bank.

Shmyko29

Damn he's UGLY!!!

Cindy

He's not sorry for the song....he's sorry he lost his money tree from Reebok.

Mandy G.

I don't buy his apology for one second. The only reason he's saying he's sorry is because he sees all that endorsement money going down the toilet. I do applaud Reebok for dropping him, though. I didn't want to have to boycott them as I have Nike for continuing to pay so many morally bankrupt athletes for their endorsements.

Ojay21

You ppl comment are full of ****.. He is a rapper, things have changed so much, back n tha 80s when too short called every woman he knew a bitch, we loved it and walked around rapping to it, now when someone says something that happens daily, it's an issue?? I'm sure whoever this chick is if there even is any chick this happen too is well aware and cool with it.. It ain't like someone is accusing him of rape.. That organization that helped him lose his endorsement, they are ****bags for that.. "This is solely my opinion"

Ojay21

Memba NWAs **** tha police?? I'm sure 80% of ppl on here love that song at one point.. Maybe when u were being arrested etc.

hotandcold

Keep apologizing, d-bag. You still don't get it!!

OWNIT

HEY FAT BOY, just cause you lost alot of money in endorsements and fans because your STUPID, your apologies aint ****.. go back to be a correctional officer, SNITCH

cali323

Big Titties Boy GET LOST!!!! Used to be a C O and know you rappn' about **** like rape! WOW YOU'RE DISGUSTING INSIDE AND OUTSIDE! !!

Dumas

Ross try to look real an do something good for the women you hurt Not like this one here SAYITWITURCHEST: 7 hours ago Damn homie, back then you was the man homie Boy or girl??

Hobagger

"Molly" was never a date rape drug. All it is, is pure MDMA - one of the active ingredients in XTC. But of course, leave it to the black folks to screw around and start putting all sorts of crap in it. Nice going.

cali323

He is so hideous that he Only gets women by flashing money and drugging them ...

joethaplumber

The entire song or verse wasn't about rape.

Sam