Rick Ross

I'm Sorry

For That Date-Rape Song

4/13/2013 4:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0413-rick-ross-tmzRick Ross finally learned his lesson -- rapping about rape doesn't win you many fans or sponsorship deals -- and officially apologized for his date-rape track ... one day after Reebok dropped him as a spokesman.

Ross received a wave of negative backlash for a line in a song that said: "Put Molly all up in her champagne, she ain't even know it, I took her home and I enjoyed that, she ain't even know it." Molly being slang for Ecstasy.

In his apology, Ross said, "Before I am an artist, I am a father, a son, and a brother to some of the most cherished women in the world. So for me to suggest in any way that harm and violation be brought to a woman is one of my biggest mistakes and regrets."

He added, "My choice of words was not only offensive, it does not reflect my true heart. And for this, I apologize."

Ross originally issued a half-assed apology following the song's release, claiming people misunderstood the lyrics. Obviously now, he's changed his tune.

0128_rick_ross_through_footer_v2

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

SAYITWITURCHEST

Damn homie, back then you was the man homie

NOT ELMO

Rick Ross
I'm Sorry............................HAHAHA............IN 3 YEARS HE WILL BE WORKING AT BK.....

Straight Talkin Texan

He should have done the RIGHT thing in the FIRST place and show good judgment!

Mel harrison

Okay correction officer ricky lol. Lies, lies oh the lies... He is not sorry now I am wondering how many women have been "mollied" by him. So sad. His career, oh what career?

katie

Now that is being a man.... Talking bout I didn't use the word rape so it doesn't mean rape. I hope he has learnt his lesson, the same sword that Knighted you can also Goodnight you. The People hold the Power#

Pondscum

Too little, too late. DUMBASS!

Greg

Did anyone really think this fat whale could score any type of chick without drugging them? I hate how everyone is jumping on his dick. For god sakes he's obese and raps about women like if he had a ton. Take out of the money he has and he has no single woman. But yeah, continue supporting him.

It's obviously the money that gets him laid, not his looks or his weight.

mrs t

heYt rappers !!! why not give a date rate drug AND do a degrading song about " jackie robinson's" widow. i'm sure women would feel empowered by your TOTAL lack of respect. every girl/woman is someones baby/wife/daughter/sister HUMAN BEING...

michig911

Too little, too late. Next time office Ricky, stfu and take those snow monkeys for everything you can.

samson

Still kinda confused that, of all the things said in rap songs, rape is the one no-no.

HellNaw

You suck you fat bastard! my sister got raped!!!

Vince

to be completely candid....He would have to drug a girl to get her home....look at the over weight tub. Add that he is a rapper and most likely follows the rapper code on how to beat a woman....

john

HAHAHA/ Sooooooo funny how money made him turn the corner on this one. SUCKER!!!!

Wow ...

A day late and a dollar short!

static

It's amazing how he found his conscience only after he took a hit financially the apology is weak and hollow. Reebok seems to be cool with the concept of rape, remember the incubus shoe for women they rolled out years ago named for a demon who rapes women on their sleep?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments