Billionaire Sean Parker

Dropping $9 MILLION ...

on Wedding Decorations!!!

4/15/2013 5:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0621_sean_parker_launch

If you invested in Facebook, here's another reason to unfriend Fbook billionaire Sean Parker -- he's blowing nearly $9 mil to create a temporary backdrop for his wedding.

We've learned Parker -- who made billions with companies like Napster and Facebook -- booked the entire ultra-swank Ventana Inn in Big Sur, CA for the weekend of June 1st to tie the knot with Alexandra Lenas in an over-the-top wedding with a medieval flair.

To realize his vision ... we're told Sean hired a landscaping company to build fake ruins, waterfalls, bridges, ponds and a gated cottage in the resort's surrounding forest -- where he'll say "I do" in a ceremony fit for a king ... or Hobbit.

All the guests will enter through a $600,000 gate, dance on a $350,000 floor, and they better stop and smell the roses ... because Parker's dropping more than $1,000,000 on plants and flowers!

Throw in a bunch more fancy overpriced decorations ... and grand total for the BACKDROP is $8.6 million.

In case you care ... Sean hired the costume designer from "Lord of the Rings" to make threads for his guests ... and like yarmulkes at an Orthodox Jewish temple ... you can't get in without 'em.

Now the kicker ...  the entire backdrop will go in the dumpster immediately following the shindig.

Kinda like Napster.

debbiedoesnothing

If you can afford to spend $9 mil for wedding decorations, you can afford to pay more taxes.

dimes

Does that picture remind anyone else of 'Stonehenge' from Spinal Tap?

Oval Beach

Disgraceful. There is no other word that can uttered at this momen but disgraceful.

NOT ELMO

Billionaire Sean Parker
Dropping $9 MILLION ...
on Wedding Decorations!!!..................To him that's nothing, Lucky Bastard !

Lainie

I"m not saying this is right yet relatively speaking if someone earning $100,000 a year gives their daughter a $70,000 wedding wouldn't that be considered more extravagant ?

Personally I think the money could go to help someone in need yet perhaps the vendors for the wedding are being helped financially .

zombie

Sounds tacky to me.

niles

Grotesque display of wealth in a time when many are still struggling to find work in this country. Shame on him for flaunting his money and bad taste. Disgusting.

skittlesbreaker19

Typical nerd doing typical nerd things

skittlesbreaker19

90% of his pictures, he tries to look like Seth Rogan..nerd

South Side

$9 mil to create a temporary backdrop for his wedding?!?! This is exactly the reason why the rich need to be taxed more.

Vince

Once again proof that there is more money than brains at work here. I personally would have thought that if you have 8.6M laying around with nothing to do a good charity might make a nice wedding statement...perhaps an educational endowment for those less fortunate who show potential .....you know something that says I'm not a self absorbed ass wipe.

RamHead

On one hand it's his money and he can spend it the way he wants. I assume he got all his money the honest way.....
On the other hand, why such grotesque display of wealth? I mean, when I look at some people having three cars, but there are only two people living in the house. Hell, I even have a neighbour who has a new car every three months! Don't ask me where het gets his money, because I have no idea.
Perhaps many rich people think: "Look at what I have, 'cause I can buy all of that." I guess it's their way of bragging.

Joan K

I find it so down right stupid to spend that much money on a wedding when they know it will only last for a few years. Why not just throw a party and not get married?

Noname

Meanwhile, back in the real world....

zelda

How much will the divorce cost him?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments