Rick Ross

Bitter and Betrayed

Over Reebok Dumping

4/17/2013 12:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0413-rick-ross-reebokRick Ross is crestfallen over losing his Reebok deal because of that date rape song  ... but he's also bitter because he believes the shoe company owed him a second chance.

Sources close to the rapper tell TMZ ... Ross will lose between $3.5 million and $5 million ... he was getting a check each time he wore the shoes.

TMZ broke the story ... Reebok dumped Ross for releasing the song U.O.E.N.O., which includes the lyric: "Put Molly [Ecstasy] all in the champagne. She ain't even know it. I took her home and I enjoy that. She ain't even know it."

Ross issued a tepid apology ... suggesting the lyrics were actually misinterpreted.  He also pulled the song -- which was only on a mixtape.

But that wasn't enough for Reebok, which was taking heat from women's groups for keeping Ross in its stable of spokespeople.

Ross is telling people he was entitled to corporate forgiveness because he did so much for the brand ... bringing classic Reeboks back in style in the hip-hop community.

But Reebok was unmoved, saying, "We are very disappointed he has yet to display an understanding of the seriousness of this issue or an appropriate level of remorse."

In other words ... too little, too late, Rick.

0411_rick_ross_reebok_footer

SoWhat

Another idiot rapper that just doesn't get it. It means a hell of a lot more to everyone if you put out something good to start with rather than putting out something like this that promotes rape and then when everyone gets upset about it you put out a worthless little half assed I'm sorry. Ross definitely does NOT deserve a second chance on something like this, you had your chance when you chose to do that song and you chose very poorly.

cobrazombie

I'll stop wearing Reeboks now I know that idiot is paid to wear them.

Kev the Realist

Ironic, Why is it that these idiots are always sorry, until they get caught. The fact that he and others dont realize that these comments and attitudes are HURTFUL and disgraceful is exactly why Reebok is 100% right. Someday these low life hip-hop, rappers may understand, sing and say whatever you want, just realize that society does have standards and it will cost you if you think your views matter. THEY DONT.

kitnplayn

Rick Ross, you can shove your apology up your azz. The only reason you apologized, is because you got called out. You can shove your second chance up your azz too. You don't deserve it. Half of Reebok's customer base is women. The black culture of men need to start respecting women, and human life, so consider this your first lesson. If you think you can get rich being a bully and demeaning the value of women, then you need a serious consequence to that. Pull up your droopy azz drawers and go play the whiney victim somewhere else, since we all know you are a monster.

Vince

Typical hip hop/rapper apology, I'm sorry but you really ow me so I should be forgiven.....oh and I didn't really mean to rape or beat her really I didn't it wasn't my fault it was the poor neighborhood I grew up in.....the educational system let me down I didn't know it was wrong...let see did I miss any of the usual excuses? How about taking some responsibility here tubby? Oh wait that would imply you were somehow at fault wouldn't it

BobCIL

I think Reebook dumped my brother because he's black. Where is the Rev .Jackson and Rev. Sharpton to come to Rick's defence. I don't think he made no disrespect to the ladys. I think Reebok owes Rick $$$.

Susan62509

Rick Ross revealed his ignorance to write, sing and release that song. He again revealed his ignorance telling people he was entitled to corporate forgiveness. He will be boycotted for many years.

Gridiron

Ross DID get a second chance. After an emotionally rewarding yet non-lucrative career in law enforcement as a prison guard, he scammed a bunch of dummies into believing he was some major drug kingpin turned rapper. From cop to gangsta rapper. That was your second chance. No thirds chubby.

kay

Its just a damn song and I've heard much worst from these rappers. White people can't stand to see a black man with money...pathetic cowards

jackmama311

maybe puma will pick you up.

stargazer

Rick Ross you disgusting bastard.

The Patriot

I am so sad to hear that another Rapper ( or is it Raper ) aint gettin' his doe, No Mo' Money fo Rick Ross. That's ok Rick, Reebok is the Shaa Shaa Binx of the shoe world anyways.

The Patriot

There's always L.A. GEAR.

HAlberto

Isn't this just paraphrasing a previous story? Wack

wingfreak

when are these stupid corporations going too realize that rappers and (most) athletes \are NOT good role models.