3 Doors Down Bassist

Arrested

for Vehicular Homicide

4/20/2013 3:05 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0420-robert-todd-harrrell
Todd Harrell, bassist for the group 3 Doors Down, was arrested late Friday night and charged with vehicular homicide following a deadly crash in Nashville, TN.

According to police, Harrell was driving at a high rate of speed when his car clipped a Ford pickup truck ... which then went out of control, struck a guardrail, traveled down an embankment and overturned.

Police say the driver of the pickup was not wearing a seatbelt. He was transferred to a nearby hospital, but was pronounced dead shortly after arrival.

Harrell showed signs of impairment during field sobriety tests and admitted to police he had been drinking hard cider and taking prescription Lortab (a painkiller) and Xanax.

While being booked at the jail, Davidson County Sheriff's deputies say they discovered a plastic bag in Harrell's sock that contained more Xanax pills along with Oxycodone and Oxymorphone pills.

Harrell was charged with vehicular homicide and bringing controlled substances into the jail and is being held on $100,000 bond.

Harrell was arrested last year for DUI ... an incident in which he also crashed into another vehicle.

pamela

Loch him up, throw away the key! POS!

surfsupl

I would hate to be his brain when he sobers up. He will get out on bail, drink and use more,possibly kill himself or like he should,end up in jail for the rest of his life.

Jenna5960

What a loser. I hope he rots.

Rob

That was my cousin he killed, Paul Shoulders was a great guy and a great mechanic. He enjoyed Nascar and use to drag race his own drag car. He will be sadly missed my many friends and family. My son likes the band 3 doors down, but I have no use for one of them anymore.

Rob

That was my cousin he killed, Paul Shoulders was a great guy and a great mechanic. He enjoyed Nascar and many other things we all like to do. He was kind and giving. He will be sadly missed by many friends and family. My son likes the band 3 doors down, but I have no use for one of them anymore, and I hope proper justice is served swiftly.

MP

What a shame that someone had to die because of this man's irresponsibility. I hope they lock him up for a long time. If you're on meds like that, you have no business drinking alcohol in the first place. Idiot.

gspaz

How could this thread have gone the way of race

Eric

I'm really proud to say I would neither be able to name, nor recognize, one of his band's songs.

OH NO!

If I was in a ****ty band like 3 doors down, I would need to be on drugs too. Dumb Bastard!

Belizeanborn

That's the bail for killing a person?

Argyargy

It's sad that MY UNCLE had to die last night because of this guy's mistakes. & to find out he's done something similar just a year ago really makes us feel worse about it. I'm afraid he will get off some how because of who he "is". It's sad that 99% of the time people who are impaired usually kill the person they run into and they are always scratch free or just end up in jail. We will get justice for my uncle!!!

dee

I guess he's going to be in "Three Cells Down" now.

Deborah DellaValle

so very sad

Argyargy

And thank goodness the courts got a warrant for a mandatory blood test on him!! Because from the report it shows he denied it!! My uncle was a great guy and he's going to be missed dearly!

hotmama

if this is true, it's really sad! this guy and this band is sooooo great and they are soooo friggin awesome live in concert, or atleast they were in 2007. they all are sooo talented and drinking while impaired is so stupid and as much money as this dude makes, it's not like he couldn't get a taxi... just sayin...