David Spade

Hey Reese Witherspoon ...

YOU'RE NOT THAT FAMOUS!

4/23/2013 7:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

042313_david_spade_launch
Reese Witherspoon learned the hard way -- if you have to tell someone, "Do you know who I am?" ...  you're NOT as famous as you think you are, this according to David Spade.

Spade was leaving Boa Steakhouse in Hollywood last night when we asked if there's ever a good time for a star to drop the "I'm a really big deal" schtick ( a la Reese) ... and the "Rules of Engagement" star gave it to us straight.

"If you have to explain to someone you're famous, then you're technically not that famous."

#Truth.

VictoriaGirl

Witherspoon acutally IS a big star, Spade...not so much. If it werent for Adam Sandler (putting this guy in all his movies) he'd never work again. That being said I actually like Spade, and Witherspoon, I just think he's no one to talk.

Anonymouse

Obviously nobody actually watched the video. He isn't slamming her at all.

EasilyHard

Dave never did that @ the Playboy mans..

david

lol david spade sittin in a car with a cloth interior..if thats famous keep it!

OooooNooo!

Got that right.

alphavillelover

I love him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mick

Hey, who's David Spade?!? & did he have to pay double for his Star on the WOF?!?

Ayyyngel

What a dum bitch so what just cus your "famous" the police aren't allowed to arrest you so you think you are better than everyone else cus you say your "famous", and **** your bs statement.

t

Spade. Like calling the kettle black. You actually did the same thing to a friend mine in Tucson, AZ years ago. "I'm David Spade." Her reply, "Yeah, right." Then walked away from you. I guess a guy has got to do what he has to do to get the ladies.

russellsherry

david spade is the most overrated bad comic cant act period rules is rubbish

angela285532

For once tmz asks the right question at the right time. Hilarious.

LindaJay

You tell her, Darren Spade!

What You Really Want To See

My God. I love david spade. I thought he was dead... Bah-Bahye

MjR

You don't have to have awards to be famous or to be recogizable. I would recognize Spade before I would Reese Witherspoon walking down the street or anywhere for that matter.
Eddie Murphy gets nominations but doesn't win awards...I guess that doesn't make him famous
Comedians rarely get respect with awards for movies or TV.

The Nose Face

David Spade is the newest pro for Anti-Hero. I can't believe you people give a **** about this story, and nobody is mentioning David can do sick kick flips. What is going on with this country anyway!?