« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Jason Collins

And The First Pro Athlete to Make a Homophobic Tweet Is ...

4/29/2013 11:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0428_mike_wallace_article

... Miami Dolphins wide receiver Mike Wallace!!

Just HOURS after NBA player Jason Collins announced he's gay, 26-year-old Wallace took right to Twitter to provide the first ignorant comment.

“All these beautiful women in the world and guys wanna mess with other guys SMH (shakin' my head) …”

30 minutes later, Wallace deleted his tweet and replaced it with a half-assed explanation:

"Never said anything was right or wrong I just said I don't understand!! Deeply sorry for anyone that I offended."

Fun Fact -- Dolphins are one of the few animals that engage in gay sex!

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

tgrfan42069

its funny..tmz blasts wallace for what he tweeted.yet just earlier they took a huge shot at tebow just because he is christian.

Chuck

What TMZ calls an ignorant remark is just a good solid remark for a hetero male to make. Not a damn thing wrong with it you idiots. Why don't they hire adults to write these TMZ lines?

blkbo4whtgrdma

A lot of these so called "beautiful woman" are plain bitches; some gold digging bitches. Ask Dwight Howard.

etta

I don't see anything homophobic about his comment. He said he didn't understand. That's all.

lanie

I actually don't care about people's, especially Jason Collins, sexuality. And I am fine with gay marriage, etc..

However, while I think Mike Wallace's tweet was unnecessary and stupid --- I would not categorize it as "homophobic".. Homophobic implies fear, hate or contempt towards homosexuals.. and while his tweet seemed ignorant --- I would not consider it as hateful..

Wow ...

He ought to be happy, that means less competition for the straight men. But only for non ********s.

craig

Even though I disagree with him, everybody has a right to express them selves. What TMZ do is talk crap about anyone who doesn't share the same views as them. Isn't that defeating the point of equal rights?

Carmen

How is statement homophobic? He didn't say he hated gays. Women are beautiful and I'm glad he noticed women are beautiful. Every human (gay or straight) came from a woman. We are beautiful.

4reallikecomon

I like hittin cervix....some guys like hitting hemorroidss....yuk!

uliar

Everyone is entitled their opinion. Now, if Harvey would just come out the closet ...

Dee

Congrats to Jason. I know it wasn't an easy thing to do...but he did it. Got nothing but respect for him. Wallace gave an opinion. It wasn't derogatory, nasty or mean spirited. This was a non-story. Big F-A-I-L.

judy jetson

He's stating his opinion. He didn't do anything wrong.

nv89436

Oh. For. Goodness. Sake. There was nothing offensive about that tweet. I'm sick of walking on eggshells around sensitive groups.

Cam

Whats wrong with being homophobic? Whats wrong with taking a stance. I stand by Mike Wallace's comments. Gays are weird and need to visit a doctor. Being gay is a sickness understand plz. Get these gays to a hospital

Timmy Boy