Jermaine Dupri

DEVASTATED

'Chris Kelly Was Like a Son to Me'

5/2/2013 7:22 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0502-jermaine-dupri-chris-kelly
Jermaine Dupri -- the guy who discovered Kris Kross -- says Chris Kelly was like a member of his family ... and he was crushed when he learned of his death.

Dupri -- who was 18-years-old when he first noticed Kris Kross in an ATL shopping mall in 1990 -- said, "To the world, Chris Kelly was MacDaddy but to me he was the son I never had."

He added, "When I think about it I spent more time with Chris and Chris than damn near anybody in my whole life, so you can imagine how bad this hurts."

Dupri concluded, "I will always love you Chris, and I will never let the world forget you."

"May god bless your soul."

0502-jermaine-dupri-kris-kross

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

I'm sure he didn't stumble onto the drugs by himself.

Ratings Needed

If you loved him so much WHY did you let him destroy himself with drugs??????

DogsRule

STAY AWAY FROM THE DAMN DRUGS!!!!!!!!!!

BabyBubba

Could this be another blood sacrifice?

baby

then you should have helped him, unless you was an enabler to him??

rlemons

Why would anyone leave him alone knowing full well he had mixed two drugs? Didn't think to stay with him or call for help? Such a tragedy

ltwbat@comcast.net

Never heard of him....

Toilethead

Then he was a pretty crappy dad to him.

Lee2theRob

For all of the negative comments I quote the late Chris Kelly "You can get the finger, THE MIDDLE"

Clearly, this is no shock to JD if he was like a son to him.
`
Family & friends are not responsible for getting someone sober . . . however, any attempts at intervention?

Darrin

Maybe.....and I'm going out on limb here and simply suggesting that taking a couple of 13 year old kids, putting them on tour, and expose them to the hip-hop culture could have a negative impact on their future decision-making.

They were playing the Fresno Fair (haha) and I was at a club in town and the DJ announced, that Kriss Kross just arrived. It was 1992. They should have been home with their parents doing their Algebra homework. Yet we're shocked when it's discovered there was a "history of drug use". Shocking.....

Evelyn

YOU KNOW WHAT STFU JERMAINE! IF HE WAS LIKE A SON TO YOU - THEN (LIKE HIS OWN PARENTS) YOU WOULD HAVE KNOWN ABOUT THE DAMN DRUGS AND TRIED TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT! I'M SO SICK OF THESE PEOPLE DYING AND THEN ALL THESE IDIOTS COMING OUT ACTING LIKE "OH, HE WAS LIKE MY SON" - QUIT LYING OR ACCEPT PART OF THE RESPONSIBILITY THAT YOU DID NOTHING TO TRY TO STOP HIS DEATH OR GET HIM SOME HELP! GO SIT DOWN FROG!

DONE!

PRMETFAN

Yea just like a son you molested....saids Katt Stevens

monique

like a son? maybe i stopped paying attention after the whole "jump" thing but i never seen a picture of them together since the song stopped making money some 20+ years ago

Josh2013

Jermaine was the first guy ever to give Chris bareback anal sex.luckily you can't have kids that way.just saying

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments