Reese Witherspoon Arrest

DASH CAM VIDEO

Crazier Than You Thought!

5/3/2013 9:45 AM PDT UPDATED: 5/3/2013 10:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

VideoLaunch
update_bar
10:30 AM PT
-- And just when you thought it couldn't get any better ... we just posted more video.

gray-bar-update
Reese Witherspoon
wasn't kidding when she told GMA she was "saying all kinds of crazy things"  ... and TMZ has obtained the entire, unbelievably entertaining dash cam video.

The footage, obtained from law enforcement sources, shows the officer arresting Reese's husband Jim Toth for DUI in the early morning hours of April 19.

Reese -- who since admitted she was hammered at the time -- decided to butt in during the arrest ... and the officer obviously wasn't having it and cartoonishly enforced the law with a vengeance.

In fact, the cop warned Reese several times to sit down and be quiet so he could focus on Jim -- Witherspoon didn't exactly comply.

Instead, Reese got in the officer's face ... and annoyed him to the point that he arrested her for disorderly conduct. Here are some of Reese's finest quotes during the incident:

Reese: "Do you know my name sir?"
Officer: "Don't need to know."
Reese "You don't NEED to know my name?"
Officer: "Not quite yet."
Reese: "YOU'RE ABOUT TO FIND OUT WHO I AM!"

Reese: "I have done nothing against the law."
Officer: "Yes you did, you didn't obey my orders."
Reese: "I HAVE TO OBEY YOUR ORDERS??"

Reese: "I'm now being arrested and handcuffed??"

Reese: "I'm an American citizen ... I'm allowed to stand on American ground."

Reese: "You better not arrest me."

Reese: "I'm being anti-American?"
Officer: "Yes, please sit down."
Reese: "Wow!"

Reese: "You're harassing me as an American citizen"

And the best line -- "I'm obstructing your justice?"

After Reese's tirade, Jim actually told the cop, "I'm sorry, I had nothing to do with that!"

During the arrest, Reese also told the cop she was pregnant and needed to pee.  She later confessed on "GMA" that she panicked and said "crazy things" because her husband was being arrested.

050213_witherspoon_dash_3_launch_v2Funny moment during the bust ... the officer instructs Toth to blow hard during a breathalyzer test -- coaching him along the way, "Blow! blow! blow! blow! blow! blow! blow!"

But Toth blew TOO HARD ... and the cop had to do the whole thing all over again.

LAUNCH
We broke the story ... Reese pled no contest to Physical Obstruction of Another and Jim pled guilty to DUI.

intrigued

Haha! Sad that the husband apologizes and says he had nothing to do with her craziness!

4nic8r

Hubby totally threw her under the bus..lmfao

Toph723

He should have handled it differently rather than immediately putting her under arrest. That's absurd. He should have just walked her back to the car and explained to her the situation (since she is under the influence, in which she wasn't doing anything illegal), then asked her to stay in the car. I am most positive she would have reacted differently and stayed in her place. And no, I'm not just saying that because she's a celebrity. I'm saying that because I'm a human being and an AMERICAN CITIZEN and I would have wanted the second chance.

Marc

TMZ Headlines: Just As Misleading As You've Come To Expect. Seriously, that was underwhelming, as usual. Cry wolf much?

Liz

I feel like I'm watching a deleted scene from Sweet Home Alabama.

alex

This is crazier than I thought. I mean, come on! Most of us thought the media exaggerated, right?! But this is worse! Nothing blown out of proportion here. What an ass. Hate that she tries to down play "1 too many" try 6.

justagirl

there are actually some moments that will be later look at as laughable.....but the bigger picture really states...so what! let the girl be.

theateam

Toth is a bitch for that move! Divorce his @$$ Reese!

Rob83

It's a good thing she is white and famous.

DahhTroll

she has not said one word about all the people they could have killed while drive-ing drunk. she could careless. Her PR damage control is back fireing cuz she is laughing at it like its sooo funny,
One day one of her kids well drive drunk and kill someone she wont be laughing then!
This is the real Reese.
cant balem it on the drugs and achol!
They knew they were too wasted to drive but reese thought she could use her star power if they were pulled over.Her husband should divocre this crazy drunk bytch.oh he all ready is.
Too cheap to get a cab!~LOSERS!!
she lies her ass off when drunk or sober.
Her first husband di the right thing getting rid of
her now e know why shes a drunk crazy physco!

Az Heat

Hey Bmorecurly guy I'm not a cop and your assumptions only made an ass out of you and sorry to burst your bubble but I actually graduated from college unlike your mother did because she got pregnant at her Freshman prom with you and had to drop out instead of aborting your ignorant ass! I love keyboard tough guys!!! Haha... If your in Az I'd love to meet you if you can get out of your parents basement!

Marcow

That cop does not have the skills to defuse situations. He needs a new job.

jdelanoi

TMZ and the other media sites were blowing this thing out of proportion. It was actually quite funny. Reese doesn't lose any respect here :)

ACE DEUCEY

DASH CAM VIDEO - - Tamer Than You Thought But We Said 'Crazier' Because We Needed A Headline!

Gita

"Do you know who I am?" WTF who cares you are no better than Jarome, Pedro, or Ty from down d street. OK.