Kris Kross Death

Reunion Concert

Fueled Drug Spiral

5/3/2013 5:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0502-chris-kelly-getty-kross
Kris Kross
' recent comeback ... and the money that came with it ... put Mac Daddy on a drug-fueled road to self-destruction, sources close to the deceased rapper tell TMZ.

Sources tell us, Mac Daddy -- real name Chris Kelly -- has been on and off drugs (including cocaine and heroin) for the last ten years, but had recently cleaned up his act.

We're told that changed dramatically in recent weeks, following Kris Kross' big comeback concert in Atlanta back in February.

According to sources, Kelly's ego blew up ... along with his wallet ... and he started hanging out in clubs again, chumming up with big name Atlanta rappers. We're told the drugs came back in full force as a result.

As we reported, Kelly's mother told police the rapper had been taking speedballs (coke and heroin mixed together) Tuesday night ... the night before he died ... and cops believe drugs contributed to his death.

0501_chris_kelly_remembering_footer

IwuvTMZ

Too bad.

olu32

Wow that's sad.

soberandsmober

What I don't understand is how his mom knew he was doing drugs the night before. Dis he live with her? Or, did she party with him?

awesomewave

Sad.

Can we organize a Lindsay Lohan a big comeback concert?

fenuchi

Another child-star curse?

milmil

Jump. Jump. Jump. Into death. Yea homeboi

Erik

Darwin wins again!

Duke Steele

Will he be in his casket with his clothes on backwards and lying face down?

Latch Johnson

I've never been sadden when someone overdoses. Good ridence to another drug addict.

feedthepig222@gmail.com

Whatever happened to smoking just a little bag of weed?

nova

I think all the negative posts about Chris's death is just pathetic! That man is someone's son! We all have hardships that we fall upon, I'm not aware of what led him to drugs, but you don't speak ill of the dead! He was a loved man. If your tired of hearing about a celebrities death keep your mouth closed, & don't send out written comments! People die on a daily basis! You all are making inappropriate comments because he was in the industry! When someone you all know passes away I guarantee you don't sign their guest books with a bunch of cruel comments!! And don't dare state that you do or have, because I challenge you to send me the info so I can check tha mess out for myself! Get a heart people!

Gretel

Dumbass OD's and now he's a saint.

Wifenmomto6

Regardless of what anyone says about Chris he was someone's son, friend etc. Some of the comments are heartless. He made mistakes, we all do. Who are we to judge him for his mistakes. May he rest in peace.

I See Deaf People

I didn't know black people used heroin

Jody

Typical, as soon as the money hits their pocket, they have to find something to spend it on. This time instead of a half dozen cars or gold chains, it was drugs.

You would think the mother would not know her son was taking drugs. Usually the mother is the last to know.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments