Wade Robson

And to Keep Quiet About It

5/16/2013 6:27 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

051613_wade_robson_today_v2_launch
update_bar
9:00 AM PT
-- Howard Weitzman, the attorney for MJ's estate, tells TMZ, “Mr. Robson has adamantly denied under oath and in numerous interviews over the past 20 years that Michael Jackson ever did anything inappropriate to him. He now wants us to believe that he committed perjury at least twice and has been lying to anyone and everyone about Mr. Jackson since the early ‘90s so he can file a claim for money.  Mr. Robson’s transparent lawsuit comes nearly 4 years after Michael passed. His claim is outrageous and sad.”

gray-bar-update
Wade Robson
says the only reason he's now changing his story ... accusing Michael Jackson of sexually abusing him for 7 years is because Michael engaged in a campaign of manipulation to keep him silent, especially during MJ's 2005 child molestation trial.

Robson went on NBC Today and said, Michael "performed sexual acts on me and forced me to perform sexual acts on him" from the age of 7 ... until Robson was 14.

Robson claimed he testified in 2005 that Michael did NOT sexually abuse him because Michael told him what they were doing was "an expression of love" ... and added, "if you ever tell anyone what we're doing both of our lives and our careers will be over."

TMZ broke the story ... Robson filed a creditor's claim against Michael Jackson's estate last week, insisting MJ sexually abused him during his childhood for years, but according to sources he didn't take action until he saw a therapist following a nervous breakdown.

Robson referenced the breakdown on Today, saying ... "For the first time in my life I began to realize that my completely numb and unexplored feelings in relation to what Michael did to me might be a problem and maybe I need to speak to someone about it."

Interestingly, Robson denied repressing memories of the alleged abuse ... instead saying he was merely "psychologically and emotionally completely unable and unwilling to understand that it was sexual abuse."

Robson added he doesn't excuse the alleged abuse, but he believed Michael was a "troubled man" who was an amazing talent, but "also a pedophile."

Michael Jackson's estate has told TMZ Robson's allegations are an "outrageous and pathetic" money grab.

pax

I believe Wade.

greatactor

I believe him.

Sam

No doubt MJ was a pedo. No doubt he paid victims/familes to keep it quiet. No doubt Wade was one of the many receiving checks while MJ was alive, but MJ's will didn't cover the perpetual payments to his victims, so now they're all gonna come out of the woodwork crying abuse.

It's too bad money quenched their moral outrage.

Phoenicks

It's not a money grab, yet he had to go on the Today Show for an exclusive interview to tell people that.

Fall back, young buck. You've already nuked your own credibility with your 2005 testimony under oath. It's over.

LetsBeReAL

Everyone who believes this guy, please send me an email @ ihavemillionsofdollarsforyouinKENYA@gmail.com. Hahahaa. I can't believe how many employees of AIG or whoever are posting on here that they believe to sway off the people here who are making VALID statements why this guy is a phony. I don't give not even a little **** about MJ. Not even a little but I can tell a liar and this guy is not a good one. I sympathize with victims of sexual abuse but he's not even believable in his story and leading up to this outburst of freedom in his soul. He's SO FULL OF ****.

nathan

i believed him the first time when he said nothing happened, now he's just sticking his grimey, dirty face and hands out for his 15 minutes of fame and a possible pay out. he should be arrested.

Dean

Let's be real . A kid always believes it is is fault and also wants to be loved no matter what

Shoozie

Who is more of a money grabber? The family or this guy? Sounds about equal. Tell everyone that the rich, dead man did it. He can't deny. :(

BB not bb

You can tell that he is telling the truth and his story makes sense. It is heartbreaking. I think he has to come out with this now because it was his testimony in favor of MJ that allowed him to continue his pedophilia when it was brought up by other victims. Those victims were denied their justice because of his testimony, and that is probably why he had a nervous breakdown when he had his own son who could be someone else's innocent victim.

I think he has a lot of courage to share this information and help people see pedophiles for who and what they are. We all need to be aware so we can stop this from continuing. People think someone rich and famous and popular and soft spoken can't be a criminal. That is not true at all.

I wonder how much his family knew about what he did also. I remember Janet vehemently defending her brother, but she turned out to be no lover of children herself. This whole family was probably abused and they have problems dealing with children now that they are older.

He sure doesn't need the money or the publicity. It is the victims who need him to tell his story most of all.

Skinnycow

Why did it seem odd and eerie when he made the reference of his son being 18 months then said he had the 2 break downs.. What has his child got to do with it?

If it was just about being a father, an age wouldn't be needed.

That made the hair on my arms stand up!

Sam

pay off money? he wasnt paid off. But that wont stop you morons from attacking a person. Dont let facts get in the way of your mouth stupid pedo protector.

44 minutes ago

_______________________________________

And you know this how Sylvia Brown?

Mina

Wade denied that MJ gave him money to keep quite so stop with those silly accusations.

Mina

To all who on the the "poor victim" bull****.

This is AMERICA. Innocent until proven guilty. Wade has the burden of proof. Until wade comes with the receipts. Michael is the victim.

Wait until the MEDIA figures out Wade had Michael and HIS KIDS over at his family barbeque in 2008

Dean

All I wanna know is why a laywer would take him as a client . Knowing what he said under oath and knowing that it would go around the world and would destroy the laywers image ? I am sure there are money hungry laywers out there but seriously if it could destroy my image and even my whole life why wou,ld I want to risk that . if the laywer loose he gets no money

TCYB

If he was telling the truth he would stay away from the media and not talk, show his proof to the court. BS.