Wade Robson

And to Keep Quiet About It

5/16/2013 6:27 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

051613_wade_robson_today_v2_launch
update_bar
9:00 AM PT
-- Howard Weitzman, the attorney for MJ's estate, tells TMZ, “Mr. Robson has adamantly denied under oath and in numerous interviews over the past 20 years that Michael Jackson ever did anything inappropriate to him. He now wants us to believe that he committed perjury at least twice and has been lying to anyone and everyone about Mr. Jackson since the early ‘90s so he can file a claim for money.  Mr. Robson’s transparent lawsuit comes nearly 4 years after Michael passed. His claim is outrageous and sad.”

gray-bar-update
Wade Robson
says the only reason he's now changing his story ... accusing Michael Jackson of sexually abusing him for 7 years is because Michael engaged in a campaign of manipulation to keep him silent, especially during MJ's 2005 child molestation trial.

Robson claimed he testified in 2005 that Michael did NOT sexually abuse him because Michael told him what they were doing was "an expression of love" ... and added, "if you ever tell anyone what we're doing both of our lives and our careers will be over."

TMZ broke the story ... Robson filed a creditor's claim against Michael Jackson's estate last week, insisting MJ sexually abused him during his childhood for years, but according to sources he didn't take action until he saw a therapist following a nervous breakdown.

Robson referenced the breakdown on Today, saying ... "For the first time in my life I began to realize that my completely numb and unexplored feelings in relation to what Michael did to me might be a problem and maybe I need to speak to someone about it."

Interestingly, Robson denied repressing memories of the alleged abuse ... instead saying he was merely "psychologically and emotionally completely unable and unwilling to understand that it was sexual abuse."

Robson added he doesn't excuse the alleged abuse, but he believed Michael was a "troubled man" who was an amazing talent, but "also a pedophile."

Michael Jackson's estate has told TMZ Robson's allegations are an "outrageous and pathetic" money grab.

crystals

I have no sympathy for child molesters but if your a victim, you go to the police. If you in court YOU TELL THE TRUTH. You had your chance. Live with it dude!

lisa

Just dont buy it!!!!!!! He wants money and to get in the press...... karma dude..... you'll see.......

laney

No and again no. This is all show. If one investigates the life of this guy, a leak will be found, 100%, I agree with crystals, if you are a victim, you go to the police first! And not to press!

laney

'Robson went on NBC Today and said, Michael "performed sexual acts on me and forced me to perform sexual acts on him" from the age of 7 ... until Robson was 14.' A real victim would never do this.

Jayla

There doesn't have to be one or the other, the way TMZ and the commenters here cast it-
That is, I believe Michael molested Wade and maybe went further with Corey Feldman than Corey was willing to admit. I also believe Wade lied in court (and Corey) when asked about it.
BTW, I don't believe he molested Macauley or Emmanuel Lewis, those two would have busted him out and molesters learn that through the grooming process.
But this doesn't mean that Wade is not out for money-It is shameful that he did not tell the truth then, instead he helped a child molester go free.

You all love Michael Jackson-or you think you do, in spite of not knowing him personally at all. Great, I loved his music, too. A lot. It framed my childhood. But his music didn't make me ignorant, the man was a hot mess.
Wade-Not a liar presently, but certainly a perjurer then. No money for him, for the simple fact he put other children in danger by lying.
Michael's lawyers' comments are irrelevant, they would not say he was a perv even if they knew it to be true.

Dose Of Reality

To all those who question the timing just look at the victims in the Sandusky case. And Jerry was nowhere near MJ as far as money and power.

To those that say that no one should say bad things about a dead guy, the same could be said for Hitler, he was never even brought to court let alone convicted. Your logic, Hitler 100% innocent, and evidence is false or non-existent and no one should say anything negative about him ever. Nice logic huh?

dd

LIAR!

dd

Now he says he had TWO nervous breakdowns, and his son opened his eyes....Sick, Druggie, LIAR!

Hayley

Most people just aren't getting it. IMO, if Michael abused his or not is a moot point. Michael is dead, and it's too late to throw him in jail or take any money from HIM personally. In reality, suing Michael's estate is suing Michael's kids and family. I don't know if I believe this whole thing or not, but he waited too long to come out (whether he "knew" or he repressed it) for Michael, as a person, to be affected. Michael isn't alive anymore, so this doesn't affect him in the slightest.

Jonda

Realyl? the man is dead he can't hurt anyone else so why are you bringing this up now and for money? He can't defend himself so have a seat! Take several!

Martinrock

You slanderers, maybe be you should consult the archives of the FBI released since on these cases before issuing arguments invented in your little brain a cooked-up story. The FBI has certainly recognized the obvious innocence of michael. But you, brainless, stupid, hateful and probably more pedophile than Michael, you have the front to insult a dead man which you're one of the murderers. Is AEG have also hired you as Robson? Il does not seem curious that when a trial takes place between the Jackson family and aeg, it suddenly appears a venal scoundrel (and close to aeg) accusing michael were BILLIONS of dollars are at stake ! I think the real potential pedophiles are those who think otherwise, who fear that a pure and platonic love can exist as such. You killed a man, a good man by your stupidity.

LISA

TMZ broke the story ... Robson claims MJ was a monster who sexually abused him for years ... but he didn't take action sooner because he repressed the memories.<.i> <---TMZ's FIRST ARTICLE
-------------------------------------------------------------------
OK - you heard it straight from his mouth - he did NOT repress the memories! Remember the good old days when the media would print an apology/retraction if they got a story wrong? TMZ should try it - I know I would respect them a lot more if they did.

Dino

Those ones always play the innocent poor me card' just to suck some good money to their accounts !!!

Bird

Case CLOSED, this fool said he didn't have a "repressed memory" Welp Harvey there goes all your support because I'm pretty sure that's what you were standing behind. So now that it's came straight from the horses mouth (a lying horse) Can we stop the propaganda and show how ridiculous this really is. Me along with many others have posted links of videos where he's talking about Michael as soon as July last year. Post those and others up to show how he doesn't need money but needs to check himself in because he's got some issues. Saying he loves Mike and is thankful and wants to pay tribute for all he did, and now he never forgot the monster he was, and it WAS NOT bcuz of a repressed memory. We all know the media is used to push propaganda, but lets do the right thing this time and expose this liar. And that's not my opinion he lied under oath now he's saying all this.

Bruce

When the media frenzy was on during the 2005 trial, I got inclined to believe Mr. Jackson was a pedophile. I got curious of the trial after he died, so I read every bit of the trial transcripts. I was taken aback how clearly Michael was innocent. The pattern of the "witnesses" were the same - their accounts were all over the media about a boy being accused. But when under oath in the trial, they admitted that they were paid by a tabloid to say ANYTHING negative about Michael. And all the boys that were allegedly abused according to the "witnsesses" were called in the stand, too. All of them said Michael never molested them. It was all about $$$$. With this new allegation,

I am more inclined to believe it's all crap and all for money. It's the same all over again - anyone can say he's molested by Michael!