Ronnie Wood

We Didn't HAVE to Slash Ticket Prices ...

5/17/2013 11:10 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

051713_ronnie_wood_launch
The Rolling Stones weren't FORCED to drastically lower ticket prices for their current concert tour due to slow sales, they CHOSE to bring the cost down ... this according to guitarist Ronnie Wood.

The story has been everywhere -- more than 1,000 seats for a recent Stones show were slashed to $85 at the last minute ... and according to reports, it was all because the concert was drastically undersold.

But on the way out of Fred Segal in L.A. yesterday, Wood insisted the move wasn't motivated by $$$ -- instead, Wood says, the band just simply "wanted" to do it ... for the fans.

You buyin' that?

seamus

First?

Anonymous1984

no... everyone who had the 85 tickets sat in the same spot

Marcus

Well considering that every show they had on the North American leg had 1000 tickets on sale at $85 and that they went on sale the same day that regular priced tickets went on sale, they couldn't have done it because of low sales unless they can also see into the future.

luv4rocknroll

I had $85 tickets that i bought the day they went on sale 5 weeks before the show. I ended up in lower level that were regular price was $60...0 each. They had 1000 first day they went on sale and did it again day before the show.

Tara

Well I would say they lowered prices because musicians are finally starting to realize it doesn't matter how big you are (or think you are) people are only willing to pay a certain price for 2 hours of entertainment.

Mazor

$85 is still a ripoff to see these f*cking fossils attempt to "rock".

Joe t. Pico

These greedy bastards didnt do it for the fans, they didnt wanna play to a half full venue.

Ronron

Bitch please!

CelticOne

Sorry Ronnie.. I love you guys but if that was the case, you wouldn't have made them an outrageous price to begin with. I am calling "BS" on you!

pat

This is definetly their last tour. If you read the reviews of their shows in London a while back, 90% of the blogs were really negative. They don't do well anymore in Europe and it looks like the same thing is going to happen in America. It is indeed poor ticket sales that is happening here.

All because of greed. If Pavarotti had not started this trend of charging 350 for a ticket on his retirement tour, the others like the Stones and Madonna and the rest of them who told themselves we can do this too, might have been able to hang on a little longer.

I don't care what anyone says. No band is worth $300 plus for a ticket. If a person wants to pay that much, then he/she is an idiot.

The time has come for the music industry and these bands to take a step back and come up with something new as far touring is concerned. I wish I could come up with an idea but I don't see how a tour can happen without it costing millions to produce. The other side is it's sad that the Stones only tour so they can take in their 40 million each after expenses.

Hell, I've seen the Stones three times and it cost me 20 bucks each time.

I'll just wait for a Pay Per View event that I'll listen to from the comfort of my living room and my 400 watts system.

Fred Farkel

Many years back when I had money - my wife bought us cr@ppy tickets to see Madonna. I don't remember if it was $1,000 for one ticket or $1,000 for two tickets but I sold them back to the broker and said forget it.

There just comes a time when you say NO.

Kaveman

Go Ronnie!

Minnetonka40

I would believe that if they slashed the prices for everybody!

Ross

Saw them last Saturday in Vegas. Our tickets were $750 each and the seats weren't that great. Smaller venue but really? Would never pay that but thanks Aria casino. Mick made the whole show with his non stop strutting. The band wasn't tight but they don't have to be, they are the Stones. This will be the last tour, next one a few band members will be there as holograms or in wheel chairs. Then we can pay $5 a ticket as dementia will have set in and they wont know.

Vote2012

Something really weird about 70 year old guys jumping around on stage in skin tight pants playing music as if they were still 25 years old. Maybe someone needs to tell these guys it's about time to retire, how many more trillions of dollars do they need? Sometimes people just never know when to give up, they start making fools of themselves.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments