Mary J. Blige

Money Problems Worsen

$3.4 MILLION Tax Lien

5/20/2013 5:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0519-mary-j-blige-tmzMary J. Blige's financial woes have QUADRUPLED -- on top of the $900k she allegedly owes the Garden State, TMZ has learned MJB has been slapped with a $3.4 MILLION bill from Uncle Sam.

The IRS filed a federal tax lien against the Grammy winner, claiming she failed to pay all her income taxes for the years 2009 ($574,907.30), 2010 ($2,203,743.53) and 2011 ($647,604.60).

Tax bill grand total: $3,426,255.43. Translation: A LOT OF FREAKING MONEY.

Of course, the IRS needs to get in line ... the State of NJ says MJB still owes $901,769.65 in back taxes. Blige is being sued for allegedly defaulting on a $2.2 million bank loan and her charity is facing a lawsuit that claims it took out a $250k loan and never paid it back.

Blige's rep tells us, "Mary has been and is continuing to work with her new team to resolve all these issues as quickly as possible."

0418_tax_problems_footer

IwuvTMZ

Pay up!

NOT ELMO

New Jersey is a lot Cheaper than New York City But New Jersey is a lot MORE Expensive than Las Vegas, NV, Why is She Living in New Jersey and now She Owes $3.5 MILLION..........LOCK HER UP !

keeping it real

HEY MARY, YOU STILL OWE ME 14.99 for your last CD I bought! I tried to return it!

Michel

I wished I had to pay such a tax bill cause that means I must have made a HUGE paycheck. So why complain then ? Just pay what you have to pay and enjoy all the money you made.

Seldombinlaid

Who is Mary Blige?

just because

r.i.p tmeeza

just because

chicago fire the new office

just because

law order svu good too

Yup

What is it with these tax cheat celebu-assh*les? Make millions, but can't be bothered to file taxes or pull a Wesley Snipes "lie to the IRS" play? This kind of sh*t is an insult to all of us who work hard & pay our taxes. These kind of jerks need to be held up as examples & nailed to the wall...

BaadBoy

Damn Mary! Apparently counting money ain’t your strong suit. Hell, I’ll do your taxes for half of what you owe. I’m not an accountant but for a couple Mill a year, I would make sure the **** was done right.

Tiffisastarr

I wonder why so many celebrities try to skip out on paying taxes? Pay an accountant instead of buying that Berkin bag or sipping Cristal!!!

Maxi

Don't you think that celebrities rely too much on their accountants? I realize that they hire people they trust to take care of various aspects of their life, but shouldn't they at least ask for verification that their taxes have been paid?

mcphee

awesome

iiiunk

taxes?

notalawyer

Place her in Wesley Snipes recently vacated prison cell....

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments