Kathie Lee Gifford

If Matt Leaves 'Today' ...

We'll Revolt!

5/21/2013 12:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

052013_kathy_lee_gifford_launch
Kathie Lee Gifford
says there will be a "revolt" at NBC if the powers that be allow Matt Lauer to leave the "Today" show, telling TMZ ... she'll do whatever it takes to keep him around.

Kathie Lee was leaving Rockefeller Center in NYC Monday morning when she made it clear -- she thinks Matt has been unfairly demonized in the media in the wake of Ann Curry's firing.

Kathie tells us, she wanted to buy a full page ad in an NYC newspaper defending her longtime co-worker, but Matt talked her out of it.

Bottom line, if Lauer ever gets ousted ... Kathie no happy.

Bell

I'm sure the network is scared to death to lose you Kathy Lee. No, not really. Threatening your bosses is never a good idea. Can I have her job?

worm5559

Get rid of prima lauer, & drunky mcgee

DeAnna

Kathy can leave too. I personally would not miss her - not that I watch the Today Show anymore, I do not! She can go back to doing Carnival Cruise commercials.

Rob

That still of Kathie Lee in the video looks like a bad sex doll that no one would buy

CyndiChainsaW

Can Kathie go with him? Talk about a bonus!

Ashley

Does she secretly have a child with him too or something? I am not a Matt Lauer fan and haven't watched NBC since Ann Curry has been gone. I am SO waiting for the day he is ousted.

patsfan4life

Can both of them. There, problem solved

dor

how about they both leave.

Jody

Shut up you annoying, loud mouth bitch.

tracker

Kathie, you make me want to vomit !you are so fake.Ann can't help YOU CLIMB THE LADDER you so KISS UP TO MATT ! NO WONDER FRANK CHEATED ON YOU !!!

Patti

I couldn't agree more with Kev the Realist. Kathie Lee go away. I stopped watching Today because of Matt and actually because of you! Hoda is fabulous and should be given a partner who really has some brains. Just go away and take Lauer with you. I've lost all respect for him.

static

I'm sure the NBC execs are real scared.

Ben from Baltimore

Nobody listens to this wineo alcoholic anyway. She belongs next door to Lindsay Lohan in rehab getting treatment for alcoholism. I did volunteer work for the Baltimore, MD chapter of Alcoholics Anonymous last year and I do know it to be a fact that based on AA criteria, Kathie Lee and Hoda both have drinking problems. One of the questions that is a part of the questionnaire on the back of the AA handbook is "Do you need a drink in the morning? (Before 12 PM)" And the answer for both Kathie Lee and Hoda is an absolute YES. And if you can answer yes to one or more of those questions, you probably are an alcoholic. Kathie Lee went on the Tonight Show with Hoda and when they tried to get Jay Leno to drink, Jay said, "I'll stick with my coffee." Kathie Lee can't go on other talk shows without drinking, either. Matt's got a problem if all that he has to support him is an alcoholic that tries to glamorize drinking. I thank God that my local NBC affiliate, WBAL-TV channel 11, tape delays Kathie Lee and Hoda and airs them at 2 AM the next morning.

Kim Lores Bodaglo

I can't stand Matt Lauer and don't watch that show because of him. I know men like him. He thinks he's all that. Ruining others careers. Even when he interviews people, you can tell all he really cares about is himself. I'm not fooled by him. Yuck. And Kathy Lee too! Who cares if she leaves, let her. Give some new talent with some fresh inspiration a run at half the price of their salaries. Sounds like an idea!

grumpiestoldman

Lauer gives me the creeps. What a worm.