Michael Clarke Duncan's Tomb

VANDALIZED BY RACIST

... Family Says

5/24/2013 4:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0524-michael-clark-duncan-tmzSome racist jerk has desecrated Michael Clark Duncan's grave ... this according to a Duncan family rep, who tells TMZ a vandalism report has already been filed with the police.

We're told ... a family friend stopped by Forest Lawn Cemetery in the Hollywood Hills to deliver flowers to the spot where MCD was interred in Sept. 2012 ... when she noticed a figure of a cartoonish black face had been attached to the center of MCD's tomb.

The friend believes the black face is an image of "Sambo" -- a character that has long been considered an offensive and racist depiction of a black person.

MCD's friends and family were shocked by the discovery -- wondering what kind of lowlife would desecrate Michael's final resting spot.

We're told the family contacted the LAPD -- and were told the incident could be considered a hate crime. Cops are currently investigating the situation.

The family tells us ... Forest Lawn immediately removed the "Sambo" from MCD's tomb -- but they won't be satisfied until they find out who violated the tomb.

0524-michael-clark-duncan-g

Dennis Johnson

That SUCKS!I hope they catch the dumb a$$ and put him in jail .

JD

Hmmm the family reported this and they live in Chicago but his very own grieving "fiancé" didn't notice? I guess she's never been to visit his grave. Omarosa did it!

JD

Ummm why the HELL does this man NOT have his name engraved on his headstone? I blame Omarosa! All that fake crying about how much she loved him and how she totally took over his arrangements and she hasn't found the time to have his headstone engraved? But she certainly has time to do the talk show circuit talking about her Apprentice co-stars. Something in the water isn't clear!

LUMPY

would have liked to see the "coward" try to do it when he was alive !

JD

I hate to say it and no disrespect to the dead but that gravesite looks horrible. As big a star this man was and just a generic headstone? Where is his name? No tribute? Kind loving words? What gives? TMZ get the scoop for us.

Kaaka

Well i hope his SPIRIT forever torment their SOULS and lives with BAD KARMA.

SlickN

I just can't believe these racist comments! I'm sure if it was a your family member you wouldn't want some one defacing your families grave! Plus after all these months no head stone? Omarosa is a real piece of work! I bet she hasn't even been there!

Randy Stubbs

That is a cartoon character that is a cat. Nothing to do with racism. people need to get past the race thing and stop worrying about what color they are and things will be so much better. This man seemed to be a good man, great personality, talented, and he will be missed by many. R.I.P. sir.

billybob

Makes no sense at all. Maybe the marketing 'experts' from Vivid had some super clever idea promoting a upcoming sex tape...

JIMMY

While being somewhat disrespectful,it's not permanent damage,just a doll head.I think this is going a bit too far.So,you don't like it,throw the doll head away.problem solved.Spray painting or chiseling the stone would be vandalism.

Cheese

A sad shame when peace is denied the ignorant even in death.

upsetparent

I bet it was someone who Omarsa was mean to.

Fanny1951

I shouldn't be surprised at so many immature comments but I actually am. If this were your son, Dad or whoever you would be more than offended too. I'm so sorry to the family for this, I'm offended for them and for him. By all reports people, he was a very good man, kind and would NEVER put others down like some here have. I was sorry and still am that he died. He was a wonderful actor who is very much missed!

L♥ve

It is horrible that some low life has done this. Disrespectful!!

MacGuy

This is a huge misunderstanding. The woman who placed that stone there is an artist who puts those all over California. Look it up. She puts them in public places and then photographs them. Please check your sources TMZ.