Chief Keef

Weed-Sniffing Security Guard Was a Fat Racist

5/27/2013 5:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0524_chief-keef_getty17-year-old rap sensation Chief Keef is crying RACISM -- telling TMZ the "fat ass" hotel security guard who busted him for smoking weed had it out for him because he's black.

TMZ broke the story ... Keef was arrested in ATL for disorderly conduct after a security guard at Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter Hotel called 911 this week ... claiming Keef was "rolling marijuana" inside his hotel room with two "black male" friends (one of whom was fellow rapper Tray Savage).

Here's Chief's account of the situation:

"So me and my homie Tray Savage was in the hotel room chillin' when some fat ass security guard started knocking on the door talking about he needed to fix a water leak."

"So his ass walked in and started looking around at us and immediately gave me the racist look then started talking sh*t to me."

"I told him, 'I thought you wanted to fix a water leak?' Which he obviously lied 'cause there was no water leaking."

"Then he immediately started talking sh*t to us. He told me that he was going to call the police on me so I called him a bitch."

"He kept saying how the police about to be on their way to lock me up so I blew smoke in his face and pulled out 30 racks (white person translation: $30,000) and said I got the bond money -- there is more where this come from."

Keef says he felt the security guard was "racist from the moment he walked in the room. The way he looked at us was a racist look."

As we previously reported, the security guard told 911 he was only on Keef's floor to track down a water leak in the hotel ... when he got to Keef's smoke-filled room, the rapper let him inside "as if it doesn't even matter."

FYI, the security guard (who is white) has already denied racism accusations -- and called "TMZ Live" this week, saying he was simply doing his job when he called 911 ... because marijuana is illegal.

052413_chief_keef_security_launch

Keef wouldn't outright admit to puffing the reefer - but did tell us, "As for what I was smoking in the room, everyone needs to listen to my song with Uncle Ro 'All I Smoke Is Gas.'"

notalawyer

He looks like he smells very bad...

thaNorthStar.com

well if weed is illegal then just gota call 911 & send someone to jail over it instead of minding your own business like keeping things secure & making sure nobody is harming anybody else.

KartrashianKow

Rap sensation? Looks like some dumb@$$ kid who was doing something illegal and now is blaming everyone else except himself....besides how the f**K do you "look at" someone racist?

lilg1006

Yess I agree with keef...he was probably mad cause he had more money than his azz as a top flight security lol I would done the same don't call it racist but he for sure was hating

BarryRolaid

To be young and and black.... Rules don't apply.

lilg1006

Plus he just a freaking security n he was tryna play top flight security craigggg bye Felicia

notalawyer

WHAT A LOSER!

On January 27, 2011, Cozart was apprehended on charges of heroin manufacture and distribution. He was found delinquent and served time on house arrest.[14]
In December 2011, Cozart left his grandmother's home holding a coat over his hands in front of his waistband. A policeman stopped to question the rapper, who dropped the coat, flashed a handgun and ran away. Officers chased then 16-year-old Cozart, who turned around several times and pointed the gun at them. The policemen "discharged their weapons," but missed. They caught him a half-block later and recovered the pistol, which was loaded. Cozart was charged with three counts of aggravated assault with a firearm on a police officer and aggravated unlawful use of a weapon. He was also given a misdemeanor charge for resisting arrest. He was held in the Cook County Juvenile Detention Center until a judge sentenced him to home confinement at his grandmother’s house.[15]
On September 5, 2012, Chicago Police disclosed to the Chicago Sun-Times that Cozart is being investigated for a possible connection in the shooting death of fellow rapper and Englewood resident, Joseph 'Lil JoJo' Coleman.[16] This came after Keef had mocked his death on Twitter,[17] which he later claimed was the result of his account being hacked.[18] Coleman's mother has openly claimed that Chief Keef paid to have her son killed.[19]
On October 17, 2012, Cook County prosecutors asked a judge to remand Cozart to juvenile detention for alleged parole violations stemming from a video interview he held at a shooting range which included him discharging a firearm. A hearing was set for November 20, 2012 which was subsequently moved to January 28, 2013 and again moved to January 15.[20][21] The website that posted it, Pitchfork Media, was ordered by the court to provide the interview's footage after they removed it three months prior.[22] On December 31, 2012, Cozart was issued a judicial summons for a new and unrelated alleged parole violation. Prosecutors claimed that he failed to notify his juvenile parole officer about a change of address. A hearing was set for January 2, 2013. [23] Cozart scored a victory in court, when the judge allowed him to remain free over prosecutors request that he be jailed.[24]
On January 15, 2013, Cozart was taken into custody after a juvenile court judge ruled that the aforementioned gun range interview video constituted a probation violation. Two days later, Cozart was sentenced to two months in a juvenile detention facility and was additionally made a ward of the state.[25] On March 14, 2013, Keef was released from a juvenile detention center after serving the 60 days for violating his probation.[26]
On January 17, 2013, Keef was sued by Washington, D.C.-based promotion company Team Major for $75,000 for a missed show. According to the firm, Keef was supposed to perform at the IndigO2 Arena in London this past December 29, 2012 but never showed. Neither Keef nor his label has given any kind of response as to why he missed the date.[27]
On May 20, 2013, he was arrested in an upscale hotel in DeKalb County, in Atlanta, GA for allegedly smoking marijuana in public and for disorderly conduct.[28] He was released later in the day.[29]

Bob

TMZ,

You'd be doing this kid a huge service if you stopped covering him. You're essentially giving him the impression that he's more famous than he really is, and as a consequence he keeps getting in trouble thinking he can get away with it. If he were an adult, it wouldn't really matter...but he's not a man, he's a boy. Sure, you're not his parents (where are his parents?), but you say yourselves that you're journalists. There's such a thing as journalistic integrity.

CelticMyth

Maybe that look you were getting was an incredulous one and not a racist one due to the fact that you continued smoking pot while hotel security was in the room like an idiot. Not even trying to hide it and thinking you are above the law makes you a moron.

dat_damn_ebony

Wtf . He a crazy teenager . What a shame , all his rap song are pure garbage like really why did the sign that crazy teen in the music industry . He needs to go back to school , work on his grammar and know that music ain't for everybody ...

Cool Breeze

Banging on a 5 gallon bucket with sticks screaming profanities while grabbing your crotch. - That 's a rap sensation..

cee

Oh, please, the race thing again!

Mike

OK, calling 911 on a guy for smoking weed is ridiculous. On the other hand, this kid pulling the race card is equally stupid. Give me a break. A "racist look?" WTF?

Self-entitled? I mean, seriously, get over yourself. Life is full of situations that are humbling. Again, get over it.

I was at the beach today when I heard a couple say, "maybe the white boy knows where we need to go." I didn't say, "hey, you fat black bitch, I'm Caucasian. White is a color, not a race." No. I gave them directions and went back to enjoying my day. I assume they enjoyed their meal.

Do I like being referred to as 'white boy" or "the white guy" then being singled out from a group by persons not Caucasian? Not particularly. Am I so overly sensitive that I feel the need to make an issue out of everything that I might find slightly bothersome. No. Life is too short to fight every insignificant battle.

If this kid is already falling back on the race card, he's in for a long, long life. If you can't deal with the bumps of life as a 17 year old millionaire you are, in a word, ****ed. Good luck.

tamtam

Well, who the heck is he?? And why does he think he is above the law? If you're gonna smoke weed in a hotel, it's gonna get noticed!! Duhhhh dumba$$.

tgrfan42069

MLK rolls in his grave when uneducated idiots like this guy open his mouth