Kelis

Bi-Coastal Tax Scofflaw

Owes Additional $134 k

6/2/2013 8:47 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0531_kelis_01Answer: Kelis paying taxes in 2004.
Question: What is something that did NOT happen?

According to documents filed in May by Uncle Sam, Kelis did not pay federal income taxes 9 years ago ... to the tune of $134,931.59.

As TMZ first reported, the singer also skipped out on her NY state taxes in 2004 and 2010 ... as well as 2 years of CA state and federal taxes -- add on the new lien, and her total debt comes to $741,027.59.

In related news -- Kelis recently sold a condo in NYC for about $2.2 million ... so she might have the scratch to settle up with the taxman.

Calls to Kelis' camp have not been returned.

She's baaaack

Bitch got beat wif da ugly stick.

Azi

Why is she wearing Christmas decorations ? Look at that shiny booger coming out of both nostrils. EEWWW !

namers

That picture is everything that was wrong with the 80's.

David

She should spend part of the 2.2 million to get a new face.

static

They're called accountants, look into it.

rabbit ears

TMZ has a bunch of hollywood ass kissing priviledged kids that work for them. Why would you put up an old ****ty picture of this woman? She is actually an attractive woman.

Pete the Geek

I pay my taxes every single year and the taxman STILL checks up on me from time-to-time. How can celebrities get away without paying for years at a time?

budweediii

What is it with black female singers and not paying their taxes??? Do they really take teh Diva term to heart and feel they are above everyone else , and are exempt from the laws, or are they just stupid!

Jamey Hunter

Geez, just how many of these singers and actors didn't pay taxes??

Duke Steele

Someone should tell this chick that the 70's are over so she can give up the big hair and that ridiculous jacket.

Carl

Wow, for a second I though that was Chris Rock dressed up as a drag queen.

mr.howell

Never heard of this ugly skank!..where do these 'thuglies' come from!?.

fastdriver

ONE MORE example of how the privileged get away with this crap for so long! If that was the average working person and they didn't pay their taxes for all those years, they would be in JAIL!

LoganLarr

Guess her milkshakes couldn't bring the dough to the yard ;D

Brittany White

I guess I will never understand why famous and rich people avoid paying taxes. I mean they can really afford it! I am an average Canadian and I sometimes use payday lending company in British Columbia for borrowing money and yet still I always find a way to pay for the services, to pay off taxes. And here we are talking about people with millions of annual income and they escape doing this at one point of their lives. This is not something they should do. Obviously they are not a good example!