« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Doc Gooden

LiLo Was Doomed

Because Dad's a Head Case

6/12/2013 7:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

061113_dwight_gooden_rome_launch
Ex-baseball star Dwight 'Doc' Gooden uncorked a verbal beanball at Michael Lohan -- calling him a rehab nightmare, and the root of Lindsay Lohan's problems.

Gooden's not the first to say that ... but he does have firsthand experience with Lindsay's dad -- they did a stint on "Celebrity Rehab" together back in 2011.

Doc, who's as famous for baseball glory as his battles with drug addiction, told Jim Rome ... "He was definitely a head case. I can kinda understand why Lindsay has the problems she has."

Even though Doc says Michael was the most screwed up of his 'Rehab' castmates ... you gotta check out the clip to see which one almost made him quit the show.

The full interview airs Wednesday night on Showtime.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Rusty Shackleford

lol, tmz is deleting comments again

LLsez

Lindsay Lohan's famous quotes over the years:

2005 "I don't make mistakes"
2006 "It will never happen again"
2007 "I've learned from my mistakes"
2008 "I've learned from my mistakes"
2009 "I am learning from my mistakes"
2010 "I'm just a kid"
2011 "I have learned from my mistakes"
2012 ''You will never see me inside of a courtroom again.''
2013 "I want OUT of my 6th stay in rehab so I can party on my 27th birthday."

MADISYN, LIAISON TO THE H8TURDS!!

NEW THREAD

danny

Sad part is that as bad as he is, he is by far the better parent.

whateveryou

Totally agree Fenuchi. I think Lindsey is what happens when you get two people (M & Dina) who don't belong togeter , married & trying to raise kids. Rather than admit they made a mistake, they stayed together & per Dina fought - ther was another child born to another woman during this time... you've seen the bitterness now that they are apart. I wouldn't want to see what happened while they were still under the same roof. I never have understood why people put kids through this - pretend everything is alright when it's not stuff. & now they are surprised she pretends not to have the problems she clearly does.

fastdriver

The ENTIRE Lohan Family is dysfunctional! They're ALL a lost cause!

LISA

“Michael Lohan seems a good bet for narcissistic or sociopathic personality disorder, but that wacko mother has me stumped.” From the armchair shrink blog

While it doesn’t excuse her behavior, Lindsay may have come by her ‘issues’ honestly, after all. Researchers are finding Genetics can play a role in Narcissist PD, and other B cluster PD’s (ie: Borderline PD).. Other risk factors for narcissistic personality disorder may include:

Parental disdain for fears and needs expressed during childhood;

Lack of affection and praise during childhood;

Neglect and emotional abuse in childhood;

Excessive praise and overindulgence;

Unpredictable or unreliable care giving from parents;

Learning manipulative behaviors from parents.

Below is a clip of Dr. Drew speaking about Lindsay and other Narcissists in Hollywood (from 2009):

Carol L

He's right. Michael sez Doc is "talking out his ass" when in fact it is Michael, as usual. Michael needs to worry about himself and let Lindsey try to work out her own problems. He's co-dependent.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3