Paula Deen

My N-Word Excuse ...

I'm Old

6/20/2013 10:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0620_paula_deen_article_tmzPaula Deen is using the "I'm from the South" excuse to justify her use of the N-word ... saying that when she grew up, dropping an N-bomb was no big deal because everyone was racist.

Paula Deen Enterprises just issued the following statement to TMZ ... "During a deposition where she swore to tell the truth, Ms. Deen recounted having used a racial epithet in the past, speaking largely about a time in American history which was quite different than today."

FYI -- the "time" Paula admitted to using the N-word was 1986!!!!!

Anyway, the statement continues ... "[Paula] was born 60 years ago when America's South had schools that were segregated, different bathrooms, different restaurants and Americans rode in different parts of the bus. This is not today."

"To be clear Ms. Deen does not find acceptable the use of this term under any circumstance by anyone nor condone any form of racism or discrimination. "

As we previously reported, Deen admitted using the N-word during a sworn deposition stemming from a lawsuit ... in which the chef and her brother are accused of using offensive language at Paula's restaurant in Georgia.

Kaneesha

I like her cooking, yum.

Deez_Nutz

Black people throw the race card up every chance they get.

Dr. Cornelia J. Dogbarker PhD

I heard she also admitted to masturbating with a stick of butter. Seems believable.....

Mee

Paula, IT'S OVER
PREPARE TO LOSE IN COURT AND PREPARE FOR POVERTY !!

Derrick

She would have been better off riding it out instead of appologizing.

Derrick

She would have been better off riding it out instead of appologizing.

Roger Adams

It's obvious that she is not very educated ..Y'all. Why should we get upset about anything she might say...Y'all? The real question is why does she even have a show on tv.........Y'all?

TJ741

I hate to say it because I really enjoy your show but the black people on your show are the most racist people I have ever seen ( not so much the fella with the dread locks but the other black gentleman & the black woman) Lets face it , if the word "******" is a bad word then NOBODY should be able to say it without a fine or worse. To say that ANY word can only be used by one group of people is one of the most racist things I've ever heard.
One of the best ways a corrupt government has to stay in power is to keep the people divided. The past is past , we shouldn't forget it BUT we can't send all the blacks back to Africa (or where ever),
We can't give the entire country back to the native Americans, We can't give the entire southern states to Mexico . Do you see where I'm going here ? If we want to make out country stronger,If we want to end the corruption in our government, We have to work TOGETHER ! We are AMERICANS first and foremost . We should be proud of our histories but the past is in the past & we should move on from there. You could start by reprimanding these two naive young black Americans for their racist remarks. Being black does NOT entitle you to act any different than any other person in this country
-thanks

MichaelT

What's a butter pig to do y'all?

Carter

Why do people keep zoning in on the fact that she used the n-word? I don't even care that she used the word as much as I care that she treated her African American employees horribly according to the full deposition, i.e. requiring them to use the back door, not allowing them to use the customer bathroom or to be hired for any positions that had them at the front of the restaurant, physically and emotionally abusing them, etc. while her white employees were treated differently. Read the full deposition, the lady is a racist. Being from the south only gives you a justification, it doesn't mean you're not racist. - http://www.scribd.com/doc/148781831/Jackson-v-Deen-Et-Al-Complaint

Carter

John Doeman

Paula has the right to say ****** if she wants to and shouldn't have to defend herself to jews in NYC.

lori barbero

Embarrassed to be a caucasian female in America in 2013. Seriously, you suck. So entitled and very righteous. I am a caucasian 52 year old that thinks you ladies need to shut the F up!!!!

john

When she was 18....hot.

sophia

I hate all white people, I hope all of them die and go to hell.