Paula Deen

Food Network Gives Her

THE AX

6/21/2013 1:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0620-paula-deen-tmz
update_bar
5:10 PM PT -- Paula has just released a statement, thanking the Food Network for 11 "great years." She said, "Because of the gift the Food Network gave me, I've had the pleasure of being allowed into so many homes across the country."

gray-bar-update
Paula Deen
's goose has been cooked at the Food Network.  Officials tell TMZ they are not renewing her contract, which expires at the end of this month.

Paula apparently was done in for her comments during a deposition in a civil lawsuit, in which she freely admitted to using the N-word in the past.

Deen issued an apology this morning that bordered on ridiculous -- it was heavily edited and frankly insincere.

She issued a second apology shortly before the Food Network said it would not renew her contract.

0621_paula_deen_happier_footer

2074 COMMENTS

jaylenkahlil3

I understand were some people are coming from saying black people use the word all the time let me start by saying I am black and I dont use that word thats just like saying people drink and drive all the time and that makes it right try growing up in a mostly white area and people who you think are ur friends and they dont see u looking (or maybe they do) they use the n word not because some one is acting a certain way but because color of there skin that word has a long history of hate so please people because u here rappers or some other people say that word dosnt mean we all do I undersatnd my history and the beating and the killings that went along with it and people who died because of it so when u think using the word is ok please think of us who had to here the word and did not do anything to deserve but was said to them just for being a certain color that word is not right no matter how u slice it and remeber not only did she say the word there were other actions behind it

Gary Wing

OVER REACTION !!!!! Let some black person say anything bad about OJ. Not a word would be said!

Gail

I think it is time for every one in this country to start minding there own busniness. I am sure we all have said things in the heat of the moment or not that we regret, does that mean it should be national news. Isn't there enough news in this world that is of interest instead of picking on one person. Celeb have a life of there own stay out of there faces.

Jenn

Shee wanted out of her contract. She's going to Opra's network OWN.

Ron Powell

Ms Dean, has a limited EDUCATION. She only has a HIGH SCHOOL??? or GED????? It is Ms Dean's way of saying " this is who I am", "You can not take a PIG out the Pen" and expect it not too squill

Ugotshook

But true store...... I'm really like Mrs. Paula Dean more if she was more like Michael Richards! If you'd a racist..... Be racist..... But hide in the closet and call people n*ggers behind there back..... Be a grown ass woman and stand on what you believe! Be real!

Meg

I do not understand how she gets fired yet Ina Garten refused to see a child with cancer in a hospital because she was "busy." The story then went public and yet she STILL refused to see the child. Finally, she told him he could visit her on set. I don't understand how Garten's refusal to see a sick child with cancer is any less horrible than what Paula Deen did.

Erica

I am very glad to see Paula go and it has nothing to do with her alleged racism. I am just so tired of her fakey accent and overuse of you'all. Do you realize how many times she says that in a show? When she first made the scene I truly liked her, but she got so over the top trying to be folksy that irt really became annoying. She is 66 and rich for all time so she needs to retire and go away.

Don

Who really cares !!!!!!!!

Linda

Where is your thinking cap?
Respect your viewers and fans!

Nicole Ady

I`m sorry but I love Paula Deen and so what if she used the N word in court, she apologized for it and I can`t believe that there not going to renew her contract over this one little mistake. I`m sorry but if you want my opion that`s just plain wrong!

wiigina

Food Network should think about the logistics.

Cut

One thing for sure Ican see that there are a lot of you that are just like Paula but undercover as well.The problem is that Old Heifer's like her continue to spread hate. I can imagine how she snd Bubba raised their kids. What goes on in the dark will soon come to light.(sorry, should be and)

BARBARA

I THINK IT'S OUTRAGEOUS HOW THEY ARE TREATING PAULA.. SHOW ME 1 PERSON WHO HAS USED THAT WORD AT ONE TIME OR ANOTHER. OH YES THERE IS ONE, GOD.

Sandy

This is definitely not right! I will no longer be watching the food network and i am CANCELLING MY FOOD NETWORK MAGAZINE!! Paula Deen is my "favorite" personality on that chanel. You should really rethink yoyour decision!

Previous 15 Comments | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments