Tom Morello

I'll Pay to Keep

Snowden in Hiding

6/25/2013 6:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

062513_tom_morello_launch
Tom Morello's so pissed about the worldwide search for Edward Snowden that he's willing to foot the bill to help the man behind the NSA leaks escape the U.S. government.

We brought up the Snowden scandal to Rage Against the Machine's guitarist last night ... and he absolutely unloaded on the Obama administration, and recommended Snowden -- who's been charged with espionage and theft of government property -- never return to the U.S.

Morello explained, "I think he should live a happy life in Ecuador. That's what I think. I think he's a hero."

He added, "He exposed the crimes of the government. That we're all being spied on. all the time by the Obama administration? If anybody deserves to be in jail ... it's not Snowden."

Tom goes on to say he'll personally pay for Snowden's flight to South America -- and you've gotta hear his choice words for President Obama and his emails soliciting money.

Agree or disagree with him -- the guy is passionate.

StupidCanadians

I'm sure there's laws against aiding and abetting someone who's evading a felony complaint against him.

Edwood

Ohh, such a happening, relevant guy...twenty years ago.

I'm sure with Tom's riches he could keep Snowdon hidden for one night at Motel Six.

Ryan@Denver

He wants to take the power back. He got spammed for an Obama donation because his stupidass supported the guy. All of these liberal bleeding heart Obamaphone loving low-info voters got what they deserved. Enjoy your big over-reaching govt!

Rene

I agree with Tom, 100%.

Cran

Hey President Bush started this program. It wasn't really news.

@brian_jent

Yes,i worked on the Obama campaign and helped raise & for him as well,so does that mean that i can't criticise him over specific policies?Btw,your welcome America for helping make this country one where Sarah Palin isn't a heartbeat away from having her finger on the button.

train wreck

More than anything I just feel sad for Americans.

Your government is simply evil and the citizens do nothing but bicker back and forth with each other.

No wonder your country has turned into sh!t.

Keep calling yourselves the greatest country in the world though...lol at all of you...

tmz addict

so the us gov spies on everyone but only this guy noticed?

GonzoBigD

Rage against the Machine is a crap band and Tom Morello is a prime douchebag. He should join Snowden in Russia and stay there and slob his knob.

tmz addict

SO RUDE... you dont manhunt someone

Vesna

RIGHT ON WAY TO GOOOOOOOO!

Then you cannot complain when terrorists kill people on American soil.

The Zombie

Rage Against the Machine were a bunch of conspiracy theorists and whiners who played HORRIBLE music. Morello is a douchebag and always was. Chris Cornell probably left Audioslave because he got sick of listening to his crap.

Michael

What a stupid focking thing to say!!!!

Obama is following the FISA court rules which were set up by BUSH!!!!!

And personally, since I travel a ton for a living, I am fine with not being blown up. Go ahead, read my emails. Listen to my calls. I have nothing to his and don't call anyone from a country with terror ties.

So o to Tom Morello, go dock yourself and move away from the USA!

anorth

And then he was arrested

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments