Paula Deen

Target's Dropping Me Too!

6/27/2013 8:16 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0627_paula_deen_target_02
Paula Deen's in the crosshairs at Target -- with the retail chain telling TMZ they will NOT continue to do business with the chef in the wake of her N-word scandal.

FYI -- Target offers a variety of Paula Deen cookware ... including pots, pans and skillets.

A rep for Target tells TMZ ... "We have made a decision to phase out the Paula Deen merchandise in our stores as well as on Target.com. Once the merchandise is sold out, we will not be replenishing inventory."

Meanwhile, Puma has yet to drop Aaron Hernandez. Just sayin ...

0627_facial_expression_paua_deen_footer

TheMachine1

At this point she needs to reinvent herself. Lose 50 pounds, exercise daily and come out with healthy cookbook. Otherwise people will see the same fat ass glutton and remember all this controversy. If she makes radical changes in health people will believe she made them in her thinking too.

truetrue

This is getting sad...shes old, aren't all old people a little racist.

static

Like I said she never should have apologized the race baiters and holier than thou crowd will never let up. These companies are making a huge mistake piling on the way they are.

Dale

Meanwhile Walmart and Target find it acceptable to sell products made by minors working for $2 a day in Asian sweatshops. Their PR teams are thanking Deen for diverting attention away from their own scandals.

Jo Ann

What's being done to Paula is terrible. I feel so sorry for her and her sons. I have watched Paula for many years and though I've never met her, I feel like I know the warmth of her heart. She is inviting, warm and friendly to all of her guests, black and white, as well as all other ethnicities. It's ironic that Chris Brown can beat up a woman and ow a chair through a window at GMA

Emily

I don't think she's handled this situation well at all but even I think this is more than anyone would expect. But on the other hand, she's got millions of dollars so she'll be fine and will prob get the contracts back once things die down, sympathy revoked.

Beauty

I guess Paula Deen has truly become the poster child for racism. I suppose that is because she was so forthcoming about what she said to begin with Instead of accepting her apology, every one and their mother is kicking her while she's down. This isn't Karma, this is a public crucifixion..

And, honestly, I think the biggest shame of this all is many of the 'young folk' who weren't even big enough to ride in the backseat of their daddy's car yet when this woman began her career are now flocking to the internets to slander her with abuse concerning her age and appearance. So much for this era. It's truly the era of 'Me, me me'. No one really gives a damn about each other, we all only pretend to as long as it goes along with our own current position on any given subject or whatever 'bandwagon of the moment' happens to be hip to support.

Is attacking someone based on their age, weight, looks not just as bad as what she was guilty of saying in the first place? How should that make someone feel when people say such about you? How would you feel?

Ultimately, regardless of how she made others feel when she used the word that she did - two wrongs do not make a right and never will.

Kiranda

I am waiting to see what company has balls enough to keep her.

Leopold butters Stotch

Who is not dropping this goon is the question?!?!! Btw who is she?

William

This will be another store I won't be shopping at!

Nun ja biz

I think murder is worse than saying the N word 20 years ago. I honestly think this is ridiculous! Better stock up on Paula merchandise now. Btw the woman suing her is get this WHITE!

jen

Good for Target! Paula's backward views are unacceptable. Slaves were not workers or the help and parties with all black waiters like slaves is disgusting! Shame on Puma if they don't do the same for Hernandez.

janet

Put a fork in her she's done. Walmart, Taget, QVC, Food network, Diabetes company.What's left?

palermo

She's a liability now, not surprised they are all dumping her

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

Business is loyal to the dollar and nothing else. Gilbert Godfrey was dropped from Aflac for making a bad joke. Paula Deen was not married to Target or Walmart or Food Network, they paid her, they don't owe her anything else.