« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Derrick Rose

Are You Still Limping?

7/2/2013 12:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

070113_derrik_rose_launch

Is it just us ... or was NBA superstar Derrick Rose LIMPING AROUND on his bad knee this weekend ... 14 months after tearing his ACL????

The Chicago Bulls point guard was on his way into Madeo in L.A. Friday night ... when we noticed the guy still had a little gimp in his step during the short walk from his car to the restaurant.

According to reports, Rose was medically cleared to get back on the court in MARCH ... but didn't because he didn't feel he was physically and mentally 100%.

There was doubt (and lots of criticism) when Rose didn't come back for the 2013 NBA Playoffs -- but now, after watching the guy gingerly stroll into Madeo, it seems the former MVP is still far from 100%.

... unless, Rose was just walkin' with mad swag.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

ikillu

Can't wait to see his skillz back on the hardwood! Imma Laker, but appreciate good talent for the sport! Even if it's a limp, he's still has plenty of time 'till X-Mas!

CreepingpeepingPaparazzi

He was pulling up his pants give him a break!! I seen him dunking at practice!!

will allen

Love my Bulls and D.Rose! Hope D.Rose makes it back next season healthy so we can win the 2014 NBA Championship!!!!

hawkette10

Maybe if the Bulls quit paying him he would get off his ass and play.He has been practicing for months but has turned into a head case and can't play.Such a waste of geat talent.

manbearpig

he's limpin and he is done.
it is over buddy!!!!!

Boogieman

I'm a big fan of Adidas gear but ever since he started wearing the feather weight "adiZero" shoes he's been less than zero. He won't last a month without a new shoe design that supports his weight and jumps. He should ask Michael Jordan for help on a new design.

lookItsMegRyan

maybe he just got a little more than he bargained for in the back door.

pattycakes not to be confused with pattycake

You guys at TMZ are awful. I hope all of you develop a limp some time. Don't judge his performance before you see it. You make me sick. I've worked with a limp and got attitude from my fellow therapists. You know what? It didn't stop me from effectively treating patients coming in for treatment. Patients had no problem with it. Shame on TMZ.

lalaluvu

Depending on the severity of the injury, it can take a few years to get back. And then your knee continues to bother you a lot. Little tears are not so bad - even if you have surgery. ACL replacement can be really bad. Most people only have tears - so knee injuries often get blown off as no big deal. It's a life changer. He'll get back though.

Bill Leslie

is that a murse?

AreUCrazy

I tore my ACL and had it replaced 9 years ago.. I went though physical therapy at the time.. I've had to have water drained out of it 7 years ago.. I still limp if I've sat down too long or on cold winter nights.. ACL replacement isn't something you can just recover quickly from.
Although .. me being from Chicago and the Bulls are my team.. I do think Rose needs to sh*t or get off the pot.

Eddie

You TMZ f...a...g.. g...o...t....s like throwing the word gimp around yet you're raging mad about Alec Baldwin calling someone a queen.

D

umm...he tore his LEFT knee...and here he's limping on his right. His knee is probably just tight from sitting in the car. Research before putting up videos.

John

He's got a nice phatt ass on this pic.

harvsgirl

He's trying to keep up the "I'm not 100%" image. He's the epitome of laziness.