Randy Travis Doctors

Bad Ticker NOT Related

To Drugs or Booze

7/15/2013 3:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0426_randy_travis_01
Randy Travis' heart issues which landed him in the hospital a week ago ... are NOT the result of drug or alcohol abuse, according to his doctors.

Doctors at the Texas hospital where Randy is getting treatment just said -- based on images of Randy's heart -- it's more likely that a family history of cardiomyopathy is to blame for his ongoing heart trouble.

They also said the country music star has been using a ventilator -- but he's improving and they hope he'll be breathing on his own soon.

Randy was airlifted to the hospital on July 8 -- and suffered a stroke last week while getting treatment.

0709_Randy_travis_well_footer

Scott

I am sure they did not "help" his situation......

Peace

Mike Litoris

I met him once after a concert at the fair when I was a kid. He was hilarious during the concert and sat down at a table and signed autographs for everyone after. He was a nice man and I have always remembered that night.

amberpixel

They certainly couldn't have helped and that is from a former addict I know my past has ****ed my body up permanently but the sooner you quit the faster you can better. I hope he gets better.

Donka Do Ball

Randy is cool, I have nothing bad to say about him.

tippy katz

BS. technically, maybe not related. but would he have been nearly as susceptible to the condition if he hadn't been of drugs and alcohol? PR at it's worst.

SleeplessInTexas

I met him once at the gas pumps in Denton, Texas. I asked him if he was Randy Travis and he replied nope, I'm Garth Brooks with a really big grin.

Great guy and a great sense of humor.

Denese

Well...
I'm sure the booze and drugs didn't help the problem either.

smileandshine

Not good. Hope he comes out of this okay not nice on anyone. I strongly remember his song Forever and Ever Amen my mom always would always play his music. Sending prayers and thoughts to Mr. Travis and his family!

myopinion

Get well soon!

KnuckleDragger

Best to Randy Travis. Get well, dude.

BisbeeChris

Yes, yes, the drugs and booze actually HELPED his heart!

dee

Well the drugs and booze didn't help!

Jon

To much of an oversimplification in regards to his condition. By his own words in published interviews he abused drugs and alcohol in his youth. He then followed this in adulthood for at least a period of time.
Yes there could be a genetic predisposition however. I seriously doubt these doctors have done the workup to justify such a diagnoses.

I research physicians regularly just a footnote around 60% of doctors should not have a license to practice medicine.

Practice is the operative word just because they have a degree
Please research them. You might be surprised what you find.
I hope the best for Mr. Travis in his recovery.

romba

Great, now whenever a barebacking junkie drops dead from a heart infection his enablers can say it was "a family history of cardiomyopathy".

Buffysmom

He won't get better people, he has congestive heart failure, it's a deaths sentence.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments