Whitney Houston

Tombstone Etched with

Most Famous Lyrics

7/15/2013 12:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0711-whitney-houston-grave-tmzWhen you think of Whitney Houston you think ... "I Will Always Love You"  -- and now you always will, because it's engraved on her tombstone.

Whitney's grave at Fairview Cemetery in Westfield, New Jersey was finally given a headstone last week, after sitting vacant since her death in 2012.

The epitaph on the new heart-shaped marker reads: "Whitney E. Houston Aug. 9, 1963 -- Feb. 11 2012 ... THE VOICE ... 'I Will Always Love You'."

Interestingly, while Whitney made "I Will Always Love You" famous in "The Bodyguard" -- it was written, and originally performed, by Dolly Parton.

If you're thinking they should've gone with lyrics from "Greatest Love of All" ... "Saving All My Love for You" ... or "I'm Every Woman" -- yeah, she didn't write those either.

Whitney is buried next to her father ... per her wishes.

0213_remembering_whitney_houston_footer

MARMARCELLOS

There is not a day that goes by when some song well remind me of this beautiful soul. I have always loved this woman. RIP Whitney your light shines forever.

baybek8s

The family is saying they would always love Whitney. You guys are beginning to reach just like another blog.

Lisa

So weird that they chose lyrics that weren't even written for her...

mottm

Those would be Dolly Parton's lyrics.

noel

that the beautiful tombstone i ever saw. i gonna steal it.

J.E.B.

How about "I shouldn't have done drugs"?

Sheray

Just for those people who says she died in 2011... um I found this...

Whitney Elizabeth Houston was an American recording artist, singer, actress, producer, model, and occasional songwriter . In 2009, the Guinness World Records cited her as the most awarded female act of all time. WikipediaBorn: August 9, 1963, Newark, NJ
Died: February 11, 2012, Beverly Hills, CA
Albums: I Will Always Love You: The Best of Whitney Houston, I Look to You, My Love Is Your Love, I'm Your Baby Tonight, Whitney: The Greatest Hits, Waiting to Exhale: Original Soundtrack Album, Whitney Houston, Just Whitney..., The Preacher's Wife: Original Soundtrack Album, The Ultimate Collection, Love, Whitney, Whitney, One Wish: The Holiday Album, Welcome Home Heroes with Whitney Houston, Collection 2000, Artist Collection, The Ballads Collection, Undefeated, The Essential Whitney Houston, The Collection: Whitney Houston (2009), The Collection, Whitney: The Unreleased Mixes, A Song for You: Live, Concert for South Africa, Triple FeatureMore
Awards: Grammy Award for Album of the Year, Grammy Award for Record of the Year, Grammy Award for Best Female Pop Vocal Performance, MTV Movie Award for Best Song from a Movie, MTV Video Music Award for Best Female Video, Grammy Award for Best Female R&B Vocal Performance, Juno Award for International Album of the Year, Primetime Emmy Award for Individual Performance In A Variety Or Music Program, Kids' Choice Awards Hall of Fame, People's Choice Award for Favorite Female Music PerformerMore

dennis

This song was written and preformed first be Dolly Parton back in the 80's, I think not sure, she just covered it. So its not really hers

Robert stone

You mean she's not with Elvis at Walmart?

Cari

For those of you making comments about her or Michael Jackson's drug use all I can say is you're right.

They were as big a drug addict as E-L-V-I-S (who OD'd on the crapper).....

Curt Cobain, Janis Joplin, River Phoenix, Gerry Garcia and the list goes on and on.

So if you want to point out the druggies.....don't leave them out either!

Cari

They were as big a drug addict as E-L-V-I-S (who OD'd on the crapper).....

So if you want to point out the druggies.....don't leave them out either!

Nikita

Why? She was still human and will rot like all of use when dead.. people wont remember how her tombstone looked like but who she was..

joe

I will always drug you?

Miara

What a beautiful tombstone!! Beautiful for our beloved Whitney!!! Yes we recognize that Dolly Parton is the originator of this amazing song - but Whitney is the one who is marked forever with its memory...RIP.

DeeMaree

Whitney was not a song writer. Not all singers are song writers. But Whitney Houston could sing the hell out of the songs she chose to perform. There was only ONE VOICE and that was Whitney. Dolly Parton has written over 5000 songs. She was HONORED--her words--when Whitney was played I Will Always Love You and wanted to record it. Because Dolly is also a savvy business woman, she maintains total ownership of her music even turning down Elvis recording this song because Elvis' manager insisted on half ownership of the songs Elvis recorded which is why that amazing voice has such a crappy selection of recordings. Dolly made millions off Whitney recording her this song, money which still comes in to this day. I'm sure Dolly is touched by the graveside tribute. Btw, all you guys who want to beat a dead horse to death ie Whitney's addiction, that horse died along with Whitney. She is in heaven singing in God's heavenly choir. If you quit being so judgmental and hush for a bit, you might just hear her.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments