Whitney Houston

Tombstone Etched with

Most Famous Lyrics

7/15/2013 12:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0711-whitney-houston-grave-tmzWhen you think of Whitney Houston you think ... "I Will Always Love You"  -- and now you always will, because it's engraved on her tombstone.

Whitney's grave at Fairview Cemetery in Westfield, New Jersey was finally given a headstone last week, after sitting vacant since her death in 2012.

The epitaph on the new heart-shaped marker reads: "Whitney E. Houston Aug. 9, 1963 -- Feb. 11 2012 ... THE VOICE ... 'I Will Always Love You'."

Interestingly, while Whitney made "I Will Always Love You" famous in "The Bodyguard" -- it was written, and originally performed, by Dolly Parton.

If you're thinking they should've gone with lyrics from "Greatest Love of All" ... "Saving All My Love for You" ... or "I'm Every Woman" -- yeah, she didn't write those either.

Whitney is buried next to her father ... per her wishes.

0213_remembering_whitney_houston_footer

leon

Would think 2 words would have been etched on the tombstone. "Legalize it".

realtalk

but she sung it 100% better than dolly

ronald

shes very beautiful

dano

I figured it would say."No Oprah,crack is whack"

KARMA K

It's a beautiful tombstone, just like Whitney was! Im sure she is in a beautiful place now, and at peace!

Southpaw

People are stupid. Those words belong to her song about a breakup. Makes me laugh that people also play that at their weddings.

David

Well for one thing the song I will alwyas love you was the theme song for Best Little Whor e House in Texas lrics for a love she lost and might i add it hit number one then so how did she Whitney FAMOUS

Warren

Whitney ruined her mind, body and voice with the use of cigarettes and drugs. What a waste.

Kiranda

I think having her tombstone there is a mistake. It will get vandalized...or stolen.

Gary

I saw Dolly Parton being interviewed once about Whitney covering her song .Dolly said she had made over 100 million dollars in royalties from Whitneys recording. Both Dolly and Linda Ronstadt had hits with this song before Whitney recorded it.

HB Blonde

"The Voice"? Does it really need to say that?

ReneeV

It's another story about a crackhead...nuff said.

smithsitter

isn't that copyright infringement or something? that was dolly's famous song - not whitney's.

Kathy

Sinatra was called "The Voice". They couldn't come up with anything original?

overit123

I would have thought the 5 words would have been PEOPLE DO NOT DO DRUGS!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments