« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Trayvon Martin Verdict

I'm Ashamed to Wear U.S. Flag

Says Black Olympic Boxer

7/16/2013 12:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0715_trayvon_martin_george_zimmerman_boxer_article

U.S. Olympic boxer Terrell Gausha is so disgusted over the George Zimmerman verdict ... he's vowing to never sport the red, white and blue again.

Gausha -- who boxed in the 2012 London Summer Games -- started wearing the American flag on his boxing trunks after his Olympic run ... but tells TMZ he's done with that now in the wake of Zimmerman's acquittal in the killing of Trayvon Martin.

0715_Gaushavs_Caplinger_Article
Terrell adds, "How can I wear my stars and stripes proudly in a country where they make a big deal out of Mike Vick fighting dogs; but not a young innocent black male's life."

Gausha added, "When I represented my country in the Olympics I was proud to wear my flag. I even wore it on my head on the way to the ring. What happened this weekend was a slap in the face."

Gausha has turned pro -- so he's not eligible for the U.S. team in 2016 -- but doesn't sound like he's interested ... telling us he refuses to rep a "nation with so much racism and hatred."

0716_proud_american_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Nun ja biz

If he's ashamed he can leave. We don't always get our way but I'm very proud of my country.

jaece

If I lived in Florida I wouldn't be able to wait for some over zealous, wanna be a cop, bullied as a kid white Guy to run up on me.........click, click, BOOM!

boo

SEE how can black people come on here and say he's a good kid...did you know him? Personally???? NO BUT THE WHITE PEOPLE ARE RACIST!!!! Give me a break...I'm not white or hispanic, but I do believe in the system!! And he was found INNOCENT BOTTOM LINE!!!!!!

Jpoppyd

With the advent of the MMA...... boxing is a dying sport anyway.

WOW

The fact that rihanna, justin bieber, miley cyrus etc. can do all the things trayvon did and the country will LOVE them for it, Its so cool and edgy. They Smoke weed, Flip the bird, wear grills but when they do it there not gangsters or young punks. You guys are so hypocritical its crazy. No matter who started the fight, you cannot get out of your car with your gun accosting a person, and then argue self defense. You guys are describing the average "teenager" when talking about trayvon. because if that had been a white kid in baggy jeans with chains and that EXACT hoodie, George would not have gave him a second look. Eff America

Patriot

I don't want him representing the U.S.A. Apparently, he is very ungrateful for all that America has done for him. It is an honor to represent the U.S.A., an honor that he does not deserve. Any decent President would suggest that he be removed from the Olympics.

BigMacIsBack

Then he can go back to Africa. Lets see if he can achieve all he has achieved here over there. You want to disown this great country just because a ****ing black kid got murdered by a Hispanic? Black people kill black people almost everyday in Baltimore, Maryland, and I never hear people complaining or rioting about that...

TMZPinkPeopleLie

What the **** is wrong with you people? Zimmerhomo did NOT see Trayvon doing anything but walking. She followed Trayvon, she was told to stay in the car! If that fat homo was so frightened why did he leave the comfort of his doughnut haven? She was told NOT to get out and wants to claim she was scared after she confronted Trayvon? You pink slugs can ignore the facts all you want but if you were followed in a car then a chunky homo starts walking behind you - you wouldn't be ready to fight? Get the **** outta here - and your old dog smelling grandmothers that served as jury members may have voted to keep that fat spic out of jail but you pink people HAVE to realize that this is just another feather in the cap for blacks to be able to say they've overcome obstacles and hardships that fat white people could not have handled - while whites have what?? White people are so weak - I'm ashamed to be one.

LABodyguard

So tired of these ignorant celebrities. Youre making a better living than MOST Americans and youre now ashamed because law and evidence was upheld in a single case. Tell it to OJ, fool, Tel it to the 1100 young black men killed by other young black men since th Trayvon shooting. Direct your angst and anger where it belongs or STFU. Direct it at race baiting hate mongers like Al Sharpton. Direct it at the rampant homicide rate in Obamas 'hometown' of Chicago. Youre either part of the solution or part of the problem.

FishAreDelicious

Screw him.

Cheryle

Why don't you leave our country. If this verdict is so offensive you have options. Go abroad and live your life some place else.

dee

my son fought for this country. how dare this young man state he is embarrassed to wear the flag. I'm so sorry for the parents of travon but how sad we cannot stick together as Americans and respect what so many have died for. shame on you

Laura

Pick a country--any country--and go!

uliar

take your hate & arrogance back to the cave

gayforliztaylor

Who was breaking the law by carrying a gun and disobeying the operator that he called to get Trayvon in trouble with the police for no reason?
He said there were always "asholes getting away" when he called 911. This lowlife also reported people to the cops over 40 times and certainly didn't know if all of them tried to hurt anyone.His greedy lawyers & mother laughed like this was a joyful event.It was ok for this murderer to provoke a stupid boy to get into a fight. It wouldn't be so wonderful for them if their sister & brother were confronted & stalked & shot in the heart. GZ wouldn't have done this to a killer rabid dog.
GZ can use the excuse that he had the right to follow some guy who looked like a grown mature man, but it doesn't change what he did. The racists are so obvious when they claim that GZ had something to do with the OJ Simpson trial. Idiots think juror selection automatically makes the jury fair & studious. There didn't need to be a video of GZ stalking him, spying on him for 30 minutes & taunting him to cause paranoia.
GZ was another failed Clint Eastwood who should've been locked up in the psychiatric unit before he carried a gun for a predictable tragic result. Liars are racists and no excuse will change that. Racists come from both sides & don't pretend that no one was racist in this case.