« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Trayvon Martin Verdict

I'm Ashamed to Wear U.S. Flag

Says Black Olympic Boxer

7/16/2013 12:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0715_trayvon_martin_george_zimmerman_boxer_article

U.S. Olympic boxer Terrell Gausha is so disgusted over the George Zimmerman verdict ... he's vowing to never sport the red, white and blue again.

Gausha -- who boxed in the 2012 London Summer Games -- started wearing the American flag on his boxing trunks after his Olympic run ... but tells TMZ he's done with that now in the wake of Zimmerman's acquittal in the killing of Trayvon Martin.

0715_Gaushavs_Caplinger_Article
Terrell adds, "How can I wear my stars and stripes proudly in a country where they make a big deal out of Mike Vick fighting dogs; but not a young innocent black male's life."

Gausha added, "When I represented my country in the Olympics I was proud to wear my flag. I even wore it on my head on the way to the ring. What happened this weekend was a slap in the face."

Gausha has turned pro -- so he's not eligible for the U.S. team in 2016 -- but doesn't sound like he's interested ... telling us he refuses to rep a "nation with so much racism and hatred."

0716_proud_american_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Pam

Time for this guy to leave our country, with comments like that! Don't let the door hit you on the way out!!!

Wash. Hts. Girl

I hear Russia is nice this time of year..don't let the door hit you on your way out. Buh Bye!

Cool Breeze

Go back to the jungle..

tt

I signed a petition against GZ and passed it to all my friends (over 40 people); however, seeing the evidence I knew that the media really changed the tune of what really happened. The media shouldn’t be trusted, at all; they completely distorted this story. You guys really enjoy stirring up racial tension; you have nothing better to write about. The funny thing is when the shoe is on the other foot, the story isn’t a big deal. The blacks are blind to see the truth! I lost faith in the media and my party; I am a Democrat.

Kiranda

That's okay, because until today, I'd never heard of you. You just thought you'd get some free press out of this. Take the flag off of your ass, it's disrespectful anyway.

BB not bb

ROCKY! ROCKY!

Vince

Then leave my country you ingrate. How about moving to some other country ans see how your treated There was a trial Yes a trial. We have those in the USA. A panel of CITIZENS decided the verdict. The government presented the facts as they saw them as did the defense. Then a group of CITIZENS made a decision based on the evidence presented. This is how the USA works. Don't like it leave, Ill help you pack.

It's Me

Kick him off the Olympic team he doesn't deserve to wear the flag or represent our country. What an idiot. Someone should imform him that Zimmerman was found not guilty. You don't have to like the verdict but that is how this country works. If you don't like the process then get the hell out of here.

Bob

An innocent black child, to an African American these days, is a 17 year old thug beating the crap out of someone. Only this time the victim was armed.

DDoll_89

Cynthian

Someone should tell this guy that he is free to leave. In this country we have a jury to decide the guilt or Innocence of an individual. But don't be surprised if you are shot and killed in another country because you don't believe the same as they do. And there is no law enforcement to help you.

Diana

That is EXACTLY how I felt when Obama was re-elected. I guess it happens to all of us at least once in our life!

nba_basketball_fan

He is so right. Yet, the racist people posting on here think they are entitled to put African Americans down. They have that superiority complex and it shows.

Rotten Puppets

So he only supports America, when things go his way. What a jackass. Then again, nobody has heard of him since so I guess he needed to use a kids death for his own headline. What a complete loser.

BB not bb

Rocky is proud to be AMERICAN. He loves the flag. HOW BOUT YOU?!