Cory Monteith

Cremated

Father 'Devastated'

7/17/2013 12:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0715_cory_monteith_article_tmz_3
Cory Monteith
's body was cremated Tuesday in Vancouver following a private viewing with his family and girlfriend Lea Michele, TMZ has learned -- but Cory's father wasn't invited ... and he's heartbroken.

Cory's dad Joe Monteith -- who is divorced from Cory's mom Ann -- tells TMZ ... he was informed of the cremation after the fact, adding he's "totally devastated" he didn't get a chance to see Cory's body.

We're told Cory's body was released yesterday to his mom, and she decided to hold a viewing at the hospital with Lea and Cory's brother Shaun. Following the viewing, we're told Cory's mom decided to have him cremated.

Cory's dad tells us, "I always loved both my sons and am going to miss Cory very very much. I'm saddened at the fact that I couldn't have been there to see my son before he was cremated."

As for Cory's alleged heroin use ... his dad says he's "shocked."

0717_CORY_remembering_footer

Bkbx3

I'm sorry but that is completely wrong, and selfish and i would call her every name in the book right now,, but im not cause you know what im not a heartless Bitch like she seems to be, She needs to think how would she feel if they didnt include her,, That was his father, I hate woman like that,

TexasBlonde

Shame on Cory's mom for being a heartless, evil person. You do not do that to your child's father. Karma is going to be a *itch.

jealous of kate

While this was CRUEL if Cory's mother REALLY DID THIS to Cory's father............His Father supposedly surprised about Cory's heroin use? You have to wonder how close and when was the last time he saw Cory.There is a LOT MORE TO THIS STORY.. then TMZ or others are carrying... so, TMZ was his father 'family' or a sperm donor???

dierdre

It sounds like his family is very disfunctional. Sad, his father could not be there. Don't get how he was surprised about his addiction. I feel bad for Lea Michele, the girlfriend. She probably knew all along he was into the drugs, tried to help, but we all know the ending.

Liz

It kind of puts celebrity-ism into perspective. One minute you are on top of the world and the next minute you are no better/different than anyone else when you are nothing but ashes.

taz

Yikes. What a bunch of bottom feeders TMZ attracts, myself excluded, and a few others, but mostly bottom feeders. Why are all the insensitive haters even reading and posting about it???

girlshark

That was a cruel, cruel thing to do.

Questdelsangraal

Sounds like a screwed up family.
No excuse for drug abuse but with
a mom like that I might entertain the thought.

joclo

MAN WHAT AN EVIL AND CRUEL WOMAN.. NO MORALS TO AT LEAST LET THE FATHER SEE HIM ONE LAST TIME... WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TO WITH ALL THESE DEVIL MEAN NON-CHRISTIAN HUMANS?? AND THAT GOES FOR ALL ZIMMERMAN SUPPORTERS TOO

Chweener

Let me play devils advocate here. What if the father has had no input or contact with his son over the years? Why should she have to worry about whether he saw his son one last time or not? He didn't give 2 shiots while his son was alive, so why should she care about his feelings when his son is dead? That is the way it is with me and my father. He hasn't spoken to me in 10 years...just walked away without any goodbye. My sister, his own daughter, has had cancer 3 times over those years and he has NEVER reached out to her and we know he is aware of it. My husband and kids know that I will come back and haunt them if they even involve him in any way upon my death should I go first. He will just check in to see if he is getting anything, and let's face it, Cory Monteith probable had money to leave.

DollyDagger

That really was ****ed up of the family not to allow his own father to pay his last respects before cremation. How upsetting.

paul a.

The parent's selfish bickering, probably the root cause for Cory's problem, lasts to the bitter end.

The most dangerous people in a person's life is very often the parents.

animal

Who cares his a junkie

Jean

It is terrible that the mom would pull a power play over the father in this matter.

Rolm

wow that was fast, why cremated what was the rush. Idiots