Jay Z & Beyonce

Protest In NYC

With Trayvon Martin's Mom

7/20/2013 9:05 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0720-jay-z-beyonce-sybrina-fulton
Jay Z and Beyonce have made it clear -- they believe justice was NOT served in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin ... they spent Saturday protesting the laws which allowed his killer to walk.

Photos of the superstar couple showed up on Instagram ... of Jay and Bey in NYC, protesting against "Stand Your Ground" laws ... the law in FL which allowed George Zimmerman to claim self-defense in the shooting of 17-year-old Trayvon.

J & B were seen posing with Trayvon's mother, Sybrina Fulton, and Al Sharpton. Al reportedly told the crowd of protesters the famous couple was there ... but didn't want to speak and didn't come for a photo op.

As TMZ previously reported ... both Beyonce and Jay have taken time out of recent performances to honor Trayvon. And last week, Beyonce tagged a photo on Instagram "JusticeForTrayvon."

Faith

I feel according to the law, the jury did the right thing.
However, I feel that everyone should put their selves in Zimmerman's shoes. Once adrenaline gets moving in ones body at a time like that, one does not know what they would do.
I also feel that politicians, should not be inciting more problems than what was going on.
Justice will be served one way or another in the end.

Argo f yourself

Media pigs both jay z and beyonce. They should just focus on there lives and sit this one out

tab

I have never like these two and this makes me dislike them even more. I hope GZ sues everyone of these people.

BB not bb

Thanks a lot because now I am going to be scared to go to NY. Thanks a lot you creeps for messing up my summer.

No one wants to go to NY and get caught in some random violence. Hey Bloomberg, how is your quality of life initiative going now?

leslie

What made them Judge and Jury.

smdt

It is always sad for a young person to lose there life no matter the race but once again because of the race of the young man it has to be a protest. I am sorry the young man and died and my deepest sympathy to both parents because no parents should.ever have to bury there child. But what about the white lady who was shot and her baby who was dead by black men and now another parent has to bury there child but no one is making a big deal out of this why because the baby is white. My deepest sympathies to the parents of this young man and to the parenta of this baby. May people realize no matter the race we all matter.

In Depth News

They are just helping to incite division and hate by promoting extremist Al Sharpton . Al Sharpton has many incidents of division & hate which includes the 'greek homo ' , Korean business , threats on jewish business , Taman Bramley , Duke Lacross , etc etc ..
The celebs and the extremist Al are very very wealthy , so they do not care ..

Argo f yourself

Media pigs jay z and beyonce just sit down have a cookie and some milk shut up the both of you this whole race thing should stop al sharpton jessie jackson and dumb ass obama

HLyWDgreg

I don't blame them, Al, Jesse, the Martins, are all making money off the death of Trayvon, might as well sell some music while we're at it.

YoMama

I find it quite hilarious that Beyonce is so quick to jump on this "Justice for Trayvon" bandwagon and yet she always tries to look white.... ***** please.

Brian

What idiots. They don't get to decide what is fair in the legal system. Why should we give a crap what they think even? Go away Beyonce and Jay Z. You both suck anyway.

ellenviola

eeeeewwww instead of having a clothing line, and a perfume line why dont they both get an education on the real world and what is going on in the black communites...google thew worst ciites to live, that everyone elses falut right? in order to have things u never had, u have to start doing things you never did.....where that on ur t shirt

Susan B.

I am sick and tired of all of this being about race.

I am a Caucasian 52 year old mother of three, my youngest son has Down syndrome.

20 years ago, in the pouring down rain in Houston Texas, on the freeway at night, I witnessed a young African American couple with their car broken down on the freeway.

I noticed that the woman who was pregnant was begging the tow truck driver to get her purse from the car.

I pulled over in the pouring down rain and begged the tow truck driver to allow her to get her purse, with no avail.

I took this couple in my car, to the convenience store, took clothes from my trunk that were my newly deceased brother and dressed them both in his clothes so they could get out of their wet clothes.

I then took them to a motel, of which the manager of the hotel was accusing me of pimping them out, paid for two nights stay.

I gave them my phone number and told them to please call me and let me know their status.

They called me the next day, thanking me profusely for helping them in their hours of need.

I was reprimanded by my family and loved ones for what I did, however I could never imagine doing anything differently.

Not all Caucasians are evil hatred fueled people.

Diego

Blacks seem to really come together when they can incite racial tension. Where are the protests when black people violently and methodically kill other black people? Rappers killing other rappers, black gang members killing other black gang members. Where is the outrage there? It's only when some white guy kills a black guy that the big guns come out. If Trayvon Martin had just gone home, this never would have happened. I wonder what the story would have been had he gotten hold of the gun and killed Zimmerman. Probably just been another forgotten case.

ellenviola

its sad because i dont see them moving to oakland, camden pa, ect.....look where the live....if beyonce, jay-z and the parents really want to do something they shoudl speak the truth on black on black crime......attacking a high profile story will never help anything...today 40 more shootings took place, in hig crime, high poverty areas and they are all in black communites google worst cities to live see what find.