Amanda Bynes

DOG SOAKED IN GASOLINE

Actress Scrambled to Rinse Pet After Driveway Fire

7/24/2013 7:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

072313_amanda_bynes_security_launch_v3
update_bar
7:18 AM PT -- THE DOG IS SAFE!!!!! Law enforcement officials tell TMZ ... Amanda's dog was claimed by her parents after she was placed on a 5150 hold.

gray-bar-update
Amanda Bynes
accidentally drenched her pet Pomeranian with gasoline while building a fire in a residential neighborhood ... then raced to a nearby liquor store to clean the pooch ... and TMZ has the bizarre footage.

The surveillance video -- taken inside the liquor store -- begins minutes after Bynes allegedly used a canister of gasoline to fuel a fire outside a random elderly woman's home in Thousand Oaks, CA around 8:38 PM on Monday night.

At 8:39 PM ... Bynes can be seen bursting into the liquor store and darting straight for a restricted  "employees only" area -- while holding the dog in her outstretched arms.

The cashier -- sensing something was wrong -- rushed out from behind the register and chased after Bynes to see what she was doing.

TMZ spoke to the owner of the store who tells us ... the cashier detected a strong odor of gasoline and observed Bynes attempting to rinse off the dog in a sink in the back area.

We're told ... as soon as the cashier confronted Bynes, she "freaked out" and left the store without further incident.

Moments later, cops located Amanda and placed her on a 5150 psychiatric hold believing she could pose a danger to herself and/or others.

As for the dog, it's current whereabouts are unknown ... but we're trying to track it down.

Andyconda#LITTLESTAR

I feel sorry for her and the pooch..that dog seemed to be her only friend..hope they dont add animal cruelty to the charges...those rappers dont give a crap about her..

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

Washing the gas off of the dog isn't crazy, that's lucid. They are going to let her go. She needs to be arrested.

Ozzie X

I foresee criminal charges being filed after her 5150 stint. She will be on probation and counseling for years. I doubt she will do jail time because LA coddles celebrities.

billybob

For God's sake, TAKE THE DOG AWAY from that irresponsible stupid bitch

mfbarnes52

Somebody lock this crazy bitch up please!!

Sarah

I hope that poor dog is ok. I can't believe anyone would sell this girl a dog at this time when she is clearly not well. The parents need to file legal do***ents to get control of her otherwise shes going to kill someone or herself. She could of been seriously injured when starting that fire or she could injured the poor woman that lives in the house she made the fire outside I really hope they keep her in that hospital for more than 72hours so they really examine her and get her the treatment she needs. If something was done about her behaviour before A LOT of this could of been avoided.

TMZCrazy

If this is true then she's sicker than we thought, and that's really sad. I guess she has no one around her that gives a damn, or none of this would have gotten this far. She needs a boyfriend (or girlfriend).

Phishie from Philly

Crazy bit.ch was trying to make a hot dog.
Phishie from Philly

Phishie from Philly

If you think that is bizarre then wait until you hear this. The dog is suing Amanda.

STFUP

I'm betting personality #1 wanted to burn the dog in the driveway, but then personality 2 kicked in and realized what personality 1 had done.
I'm pretty sure she has as yet undiagnosed bi-polar and/or multiple personality disorder. I really hope they have a psychiatrist evaluate her thoroughly during her 5150 hold.

Fred Farkel

I wonder if you good folks here at TMZ understand that this is rather TYPICAL behavior for the TYPICAL 20-something LOSER - and more commonly known as GENERATION ZERO.

Fred Farkel

My ex-wife and my grown daughters behave the same way and so do my 20-something female employees. Frankly - I do not know how any of them get out of bed each day, successfully relieve themselves on the toilet, nor wipe their own @sses.

I do not know how any of them get from point A to point B at any given time.

Glenn

She's awfully calm for someone who is "racing" and "scrambling", TMZ

Andyconda#LITTLESTAR

Police line up consist of clown, tranny, call girl, scrare crow and amanda.

Kathy

OK, so her parents have said they will not pay for the damage she caused in that lady's driveway. But are they even in the area? Did they travel to be with her and maybe secure guardianship or something to ensure her safety, and that she gets ongoing help? This would be the time to do it, since she's on a 5150. If they have't done this, that proves to me they've given up on her and they just don't care anymore. TMZ, tell us where the hell her parents are. And God bless that poor dog.