« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

I Lost 70 Lbs Doing Yoga

& I'm Ready to Rumble!

7/28/2013 11:58 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0728_jake_the_snake_before_afer

Jake the Snake
has downward-dogged his way to a better life ... the wrestling legend sweated off nearly 70lbs doing an intense yoga program ... and now he's hoping to get back in the ring.

The program Jake's been on was created by fellow wrestler Diamond Dallas Page -- called DDP Yoga -- and we're told Jake's been doing it for about 9 months now.

Diamond Dallas tells us ... a year ago when he met Jake he was "over 300lbs, on the booze, pain pills and crack." FYI -- it's well known that Jake suffered from substance abuse for years.

DDP tells us, he started Jake on the program, doing 1 or 2 sessions a day and eating clean. He says Jake not only shed the weight ... but it helped keep him clean and sober for months.

DDP says Jake now has a new goal (other than acting) -- doing one more Royal Rumble.

Jake tells TMZ ... he's making that goal a reality, explaining, "I will never give up ... I want a life again and I am pursuing that. The Rumble will define it."

Now check out Jake transforming ...

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

notta

He obviously could never be a full time wrestler again, but I think Vince would allow him to come back as one of the 30 stars at the Royal Rumble. People would lose their mind.

JimmyB

Gee...His hair turned brown too!

Golly

Congrats to Jake and a huge shout out to Dallas Paige. To take in men so down and out that death is welcome and help rehabilitate them is truely the stuff of legend. You are a true hero Dallas and may our God bless you greatly. I will add you, Jake and Scott in my prayers today. Wish I had someone in my life that cared that much.

Tania

back in the ring?? Not to be disrespectful, but i think those days are long past you. Maybe u can be a yoga instructor?

She's baaaack

I hope it's working for him. Even back in the day he looked rode hard and put away wet. I'm kind of surprised he's still alive.

Lauren

I do DDP Yoga, and have lost a LOT of weight too. Its amazing

Double Bubble

Sooo he was smoking crack but was still 300 pounds.. Starts doing yoga, loses weight? The f*ck is up with that? Let this be a lesson kids..stay away from Jake the Snakes crack dealer...he's selling bunk.

murr

Who does he think he's fooling ?

No fool like an old fool.

Real45

Damn he old as hell

Toilethead

Jake the Fake.

q

Good to hear something positive about Diamond Dallas especially after being thrown under the bus by his peers.

en Todo Momento!!

looks like some nasty cloth shorts pedo. so the kiddies in kiddy yoga get full view sight. pig. go find someone your own age. nasty fuq.

depressmode

So in the ATL area DDP has emerged as a trainer to the celebs lately it seems. Ddp and jake took this whole i took jake in and saved his life bit on the morning radio shows here but they made it out like jake could barely move and was severely disabled... But after 3 months of ddp yoga he is saved! Praise jesus and ddp yoga! what a publicity stunt! Unless carrying the load refers to the accident jake had while attemtping to stand, i dont think hes got a shot.

en Todo Momento!!

have some stank fish.

Daman

Too bad he relapsed a few weeks ago, get your facts straight TMZ, he has not been perfectly sober that entire time.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments