« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

I Lost 70 Lbs Doing Yoga

& I'm Ready to Rumble!

7/28/2013 11:58 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0728_jake_the_snake_before_afer

Jake the Snake
has downward-dogged his way to a better life ... the wrestling legend sweated off nearly 70lbs doing an intense yoga program ... and now he's hoping to get back in the ring.

The program Jake's been on was created by fellow wrestler Diamond Dallas Page -- called DDP Yoga -- and we're told Jake's been doing it for about 9 months now.

Diamond Dallas tells us ... a year ago when he met Jake he was "over 300lbs, on the booze, pain pills and crack." FYI -- it's well known that Jake suffered from substance abuse for years.

DDP tells us, he started Jake on the program, doing 1 or 2 sessions a day and eating clean. He says Jake not only shed the weight ... but it helped keep him clean and sober for months.

DDP says Jake now has a new goal (other than acting) -- doing one more Royal Rumble.

Jake tells TMZ ... he's making that goal a reality, explaining, "I will never give up ... I want a life again and I am pursuing that. The Rumble will define it."

Now check out Jake transforming ...

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

BaadBoy

I'm not a wrestling fan and I don't know this guy but he looks the same in both pics.

tgrfan42069

no one wants to see an old fart in the rumble

mrharrybawls2012

I haven't been this excited about a celebrity news story, since I learned Louie Anderson had a new boyfriend.

Matt

TMZ Sports is horrible. What is exclusive about this? All of it is quite well known and has been for months.

Also, Jake fell off the wagon last month. How come THAT isn't part of this, "exclusive" story?

Wedo

LOL, so newsworthy it was posted on youtube LAST YEAR.

mrharrybawls2012

TMZ covering sports is sort of like Beyonce teaching a class on physics or Pamela Anderson running an acting school.

I'm A Lawyer

The life of a Wrestler is pretty sad. They destroy their bodies and if they aren't a big name like Hulk Hogan, when they are seniors they are left with nothing. They have to attend wrestling conventions and some still have to get inside the ring. It's a F'ed up industry.

mrharrybawls2012

I once attended a wrestling match and watched as The Honkey Tonk Man bashed some damn heathen over the head with his guitar and then attempted to strangle him with a guitar string. My beloved 10 year old son Geoffrey was in tears. What gives you the right Sir?

cementmixer

Good job Jake!!!

Bonnie hawkins

Great job Jake,curious does doing Yoga help with the pain since you don,t use pain pills?

Azi

Give it up gramps, you only have 4 more years to collect social security.

verlinda

Good Job Jake, but, stay out the Ring.

TMZCrazy

He looked better BEFORE.

GreyWolf

I <3 Jake the Snake. He was one of my favorite wrestlers. I would love to seem him back in the ring again. I just hope he doesn't injure himself. I got to meet him once a couple of years ago. Very classy guy.

SpicyMagazine

Good job Jake! Make sure you bring a black duffle bag to the match.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments