Toni Braxton

I Lost My Songs

By Going Belly Up

7/28/2013 1:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0728_toni-braxton_getty
Toni Braxton
may still have a song in her heart after filing for bankruptcy, but she just lost more than 2 dozen tunes that made her famous -- because some dude bought them right out from under her ... TMZ has learned.

TMZ broke the story ... Braxton struck a deal in her bankruptcy case, in which she settled with her various debtors.  Part of the deal -- Toni could buy back 27 songs from her music catalog for $20K -- with one BIG string attached ... she could be outbid.

Enter a guy named Ross M. Klein, who doubled Toni's price and nabbed the tunes.

Among the 27 are a few hits, including "You're Making Me High," "How Many Ways," and "Always."

Perhaps her biggest hit ... "Un-Break My Heart" is not among the 27 -- but probably only because Dianne Warren wrote it ... not Toni.

Sometimes, it's hard to carry a tune in bankruptcy.

STFU

Spending 5K on weaves /false eyeflashes soon adds up

Observer999

Oh boohoo. She should have learned to spend only what she had... did she have an entourage, like so many black entertainers do? Did they suck her dry? Tough. Her songs were assets, period.

Tnorris

Well...manage your money better next time. Moving on.

el polacko

how were they "her" songs ?? she's not a songwriter. she can take comfort in the fact that nobody ever heard of any of "her" songs anyway besides 'unbreak my heart'...so no great loss.

Sue from jersey

So sad may God bless you Tony

STAYCLASSYSANDIEGO

eh since diane warren wrote unbreak my heart wouldn't she own it?

joy

Having a lot of money like that comes with a lot of responsibility. She needed self control, a good financial team and common sense. She shouldve had a savings..maybe some sound investements and possibly an allowance. Heres to a lesson learned and better money managent in her future.

Donnalynn

@john your a real trailor trash type of a scab.karma will get you my friend.

nandonocashnando

is that lil kim?

bob

Does TMZ have anything close to a fact checker on ANYTHING???? Braxton has third and quarter share co-writes on mostly her LP tracks. Partial ownerships that were likely give her as payback for recording the songs at all. Probably not even worth 20 k a year in writer shares for her.

Barry

Babyface wrote them songs..

me

$20K? That has to be a typo, because if that is the price I'M BUYING.

whocares

I just don't get it...

audiofish

Or you could have stopped buying **** you couldn't afford...

tori

Toni's claimed bankruptcy twice and each time was still able to keep most of her assets so do I feel sorry for her,no way!