Amanda Bynes

THE COCKTAIL IS WORKING!!!

8/1/2013 1:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0730_amanda_bynes_article_tmz
Amanda Bynes
is doing remarkably better ... she's stabilized, not hearing voices and it's all because of a cocktail ... TMZ has learned.

Sources familiar with the situation tell TMZ ... doctors at the psychiatric hospital where she's being held have given her a combination of meds -- referred to as a cocktail -- to control what appears to be schizophrenia.

Our sources say Amanda responded quickly and dramatically.  We're told in the last 3 days, Amanda has stopped talking to herself and stopped insulting people. To the contrary, we're told she's become downright polite, even saying "please" and "thank you."  She has shown no signs of violence.

The progress is all the more stunning because these cocktails are notoriously difficult to gauge -- getting the right combination of meds with the right doses is something of a crap shoot.  Our sources say the meds take 7 to 10 days to fully kick in, so they're not declaring victory yet, but they're optimistic.

But there's an ironic twist.  Amanda is scheduled to have a court hearing today ... where she's trying to get out of the psych hospital. The fact that she's doing better can actually help her case, but we're told doctors are confident the judge will not let her out for several reasons.  First, it's unclear if the meds will work long-term.  Also, it's highly uncertain she'll voluntarily take the drugs.

One more thing.  There are reports Amanda's parents may back off the conservatorship if she does better in the psych ward.  Our sources say that is "absolutely untrue."  Amanda's parents feel it's essential for her to get long-term care and supervision.

0724_amanda_bynes_through_footer_v3

Mr. Grimm

The mainstream media weirdos are out in full force today huh? I refuse to contribute towards this system where you use mind control in this case you want to push pharmaceuticals as being the savior. You guys are a joke im sorry but the majority of us just laugh at you when you report on celebrities. It's a system of a control that I can no longer take seriously. Always an agenda huh?

BaadBoy

That's not a current photo.

tenley

Okay there comes a point when the reporting is too intrusive -- there's probably an employee at the hospital who has broken the law by disclosing such confidential medical information to f*cking TMZ and I hope they are fired and brought up on all possible charges.

Gigohead

How is this information about her treatment not in violation to the HIPPA laws? Scary to think you go to hospital and people can blab about your care!

kimkardashisatrainwreck

Stay strong sweet girl! You are going to get well and be better than ever!

snowboardchick

Good for her... I hope she can stay on track when she leaves there

Laura

so glad she's doing better!!!!!! :) rooting for you Amanda

jsmooth

I hope she gets it together

BB not bb

Did you ever hear of the comply, comply, comply theory? You comply or you die. See like the dirty ones will go along with the program, becoming satanists, working for the Illuminati, and allowing themselves to become possessed and mind controlled. The very innocent and pure ones will not, so they get labeled with mental illness. They have their minds destroyed so that they can't be the force for good that they could have been.

This is all part of the domination cycle. If you ask me, Myley Cyrus is acting ten times crazier than Amanda Bynes. I think Myley goes along with the program though, and Amanda would not. What if Myley still wanted to be a good girl? What would have become of her?

MTG

This is great news. Now the most important thing is that she continues to take the medicine on her own and doesn't stop once she "feels better". Most people do and that's the real dilemma.

Sumthinsweet

Who the hell keeps releasing her phi(personnel health info)! Glad she's doing though.

Vince

The other possibility is that her evil persona knows the drill and is manipulating her to act fine so she can get out.....

James B

I'm happy for her that she's making some kind of progress (according to "sources").

But make no mistake her days in the sun in Hollywood are over.
If she has a schizophrenia diagnosis no insurance company on any film or TV show will touch her until she's proved that she's low risk.
Until then, she won't be able to even get cast as an extra.

It's very sad and I'm nothing but sorry for her as it's the only life she knows.
Having said that, maybe it's good to get off the treadmill and have a different life, although I do see that a life on meds wasn't quite what she envisaged.
She's got to be 100% honest with herself and say, look I have this condition and I'm only OK when I've taken the meds.
Every 4-6 weeks I have to go to the doctor so that he can adjust my dosage or change them.
I'm going to feel like crap for a week or so when he does it but I'll be OK eventually.

It's going to be frustrating.
I'm going to get angry with myself, with life, with my mind for betraying me.

But I'll be OK.

The alternative is being scared all the time and hiding out on the streets so that nobody can find me, and they can't get at me.
Not good.

Amanda darling, you have a lot more support and affection from people than you realise.
I'm going to go all spiritual and "oooooohhhhh" but perhaps her destiny isn't to be a film and TV actress/star.
Maybe her destiny is to be the new poster child for Schizophrenia..... and to normalise mental health.

Albert Einstein's son Edward was Schizophrenic, as was Veronica Lake (the movie star), Gene Tierney & Clara Bow (2 more movie stars) & Philip K Dick, Vincent Van Gogh, countless musicians..... etc.
She's in good company.
Unfortunately, often really clever or super talented people have Schizophrenia.
It seems nature doesn't want any one of us to be too brilliant.

Sumthinsweet

*better*

Delaney

I'm so happy that the meds are helping Amanda, I have seen meds work amazingly well in people suffering from schizophrenia. I volunteer with a mental health cooperative serving the homeless and indigent population. Also, I ABSOLUTELY agree that her parents should fight for conservatorship, people with schizophrenia have a high rate of non-compliance regarding medication. Meds are 100% necessary for treating schizophrenia because it is an organic brain disease, it's not a mood disorder, there are actual differences in brain structure with schizophrenia.

P.S.: THANK YOU for CORRECTLY using the term, irony!