Jack White

Slams Black Keys Singer

He's an A**hole Rip-Off

8/2/2013 11:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0802-jack-white-dan-auerbach-email
Jack White
DETESTS The Black Keys -- in particular BK singer Dan Auerbach -- and the confession was made in the middle of Jack's very nasty divorce.

Jack's wife Karen Elson submitted a bunch of emails to a judge, claiming he was a threat to her safety.  Frankly, we've read the emails and they're not that threatening, but what really stands out is Jack's venom over Dan and the band.

Jack is clearly pissed his kids are being enrolled in the same school as Dan's kid, writing, "My concern with Auerbach is because I don't want the kids involved in any of that crap ... That's a possible twelve f***ing years I'm going to have to be sitting in kids chairs next to that a**hole with other people trying to lump us in together."

He adds, "[Auerbach] gets yet another free reign to follow me around and copy me and push himself into my world."

Check out the emails, and then tell us who Jack hates more -- Karen or Dan.

0802_rocking_out_footer

Cathryn Mazer

Oh I'm cryin for him. He should just be grateful he can send his kids to a good school! Idiot

JHJMAB

Jack white is an ******* who cant play guitar for **** and Dan Auerbach is just a joke. Their music sucks and lacks soul and they can't play the blues period.

pattycakes not to be confused with pattycake

Home school your kids Jack. I wish I would have.

billybob

The Black Keys are a soulless bunch of nerds and pseudo musicians who r manufacturing their songs on schedule to sound somehow 'different' but bluesy. Nothing in their songs fits together, all sounds the same. These azzholes are like Nickelback for grown-ups

Mark

Dan and Jack are both great musicians whose contributions have really shaped the sound of current rock. That being said, Jack has been on the scene a bit longer than Dan, but c'mon, they started around the same time and from similar areas (although Detroit is more like a 3rd world country nowadays). Both evolved their music from what started as heavy blues rock with simple drum beats and a slow to moderate tempos which revolved around "I just worked 12 hours in a steel plant" guitar riffs. Eventually their music became a bit more mainstream, and took on different sounds although If you listen to El Camino I'm sure there are plenty of similarities to stuff the Racontours or Dead Weather produced. Whatever, the whole point is, this seems like some kind of Lynard Skynyrd/Neil Young fight. Behind any kind of resentment is respect, or at least I would like to think. I've seen both of these guys live and I saw nothing similar in their performances besides how badass it was.

With that being said, how in the hell did TMZ get copies of recently filed court do***ents which are probably only being considered by the judge for what to include in a temporary restraining order? I realize a lot of court docs are open to the public, but private communications between the parties? I don't care if they are celebrities, this is a divorce case, not a trial for murder. Did TMZ make one of their employees pose as a family law court intern so they could sneak back and copy the file? I actually worked in a family law court during my first year of law school, and I can tell you that the clerk that worked for my judge would have told a TMZ reporter to **** off if they tried to get a hold of the case file. Hell, the attorneys working the cases aren't able to run around with the court's file. I must be missing something here. Way to throw in the Giant TMZ watermark behind the contents of the docs. As if publishing them isn't invasive enough, now the actual filed court docs are being used as advertisement. What better way to market TMZ than through legal filings in a divorce? If using cartoon characters to market cigarettes to kids hadn't already been tried before, I'm sure the marketing wizards at TMZ would have patented it.

Tl;dr I try to ignore the fact that there's money to be made from reporting on Lindsay Lohan's latest court appearance for public intoxication, but this is too much.

Mark

c

They both stole their schtick from Dexter Romweber of The Flat Duo Jets!!

TGomez

The Gories. I mean Karen

TGomez

The Gories. I mean...Karen is right.

juggaloslayer

AAHHHhahahahahaha! I Love you Jack White!

Chloe

After reading these emails, I noticed some things,first of all Jack is not the best speller. In all honesty, I didn't read anything threatening here. I am an abuse/domestic abuse survivor who has had unimaginable horrors inflicted on me and to be honest Jack sounds hurt not violent. He talks about being alone on his birthday and not having rocks to paint with his children. He also seems to point out some relevant points, why would a mother leave her children with a man she fears while she vacations? He's also calling out a greedy lawyer. To be honest if he doesn't like a rival musician so what? It's terrible that their personal affairs had to hit the media like this. None the less, I pray the best for them and their children.

Chloe

Austin

I dont think that Dan copied anything from Jack, they dont even sound similar. And in my opinion Jack sucks compared to what the Black Keys write anyway.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4