Rihanna Lawsuit

Grave Allegations

Over Grandma's $150K Funeral

8/8/2013 6:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0807-rihanna-splash-funeral
update_bar
8:18 AM PT  Rihanna's rep tells us the singer paid the bill in full, and the allegation that there's an outstanding balance is "completely false."

gray-bar-update

Rihanna
sent her grandma out in grand style ... and now the funeral company has sent her a lawsuit.

Clara Brathwaite died in June, 2012.  Her body was sent to Barbados for burial, and Rihanna wanted a party, complete with tents, multi-media large screens, huge exotic floral arrangements -- the whole kit and caboodle.

But parties/funerals come at a price ... and the company that threw grandma's final shindig claims the grand total was more than $150,000, and Rihanna paid only about a quarter of that and refused to pay more.

0807-funeral-flowers-sub-1-swipe

The lawsuit claims Rihanna claimed the bill was exorbitant and she refused to pay the balance.  The funeral home claims Rihanna's demands came at a hefty price.

So far no comment from Rihanna's camp.

0808_guess_the_granny_footer

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

Bigmack10

She loves her grandma more than you.

Trex

Come on y'all stop hatein on her PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

Trex

C'mon y'all why bring back painful memories for ri ri just end it PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marsha

I think 150.000 is way way over. I'm not a fan of Rihanna's but I think they are way off, I would refuse to pay it too!

BB not bb

I think that sign says GRAN RA N with a flower on the side that looks like a misshapen G. It is all made out of large pink roses, and those cost a lot. I think they might cost a few dollars a piece. Those fancy flowers are expensive also. Jumbotron TVs probably cost a lot to move around and have set up with the electricity at a graveyard. They had to bring in generators also for that.

allieb

BETTER PAY FOR GRAN GRAN OR UP SHE COMES

Missy Murray

I am a hugeeeee Rih Rih fan. I know how much love she has for Gran Gran Dolly. This is so hard to believe! I am also majoring in Funeral Science, so it's quite a iffy feeling. I can only hope she pays the unpaid balances or that this funeral home isn't just doing it for money! <3

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6